FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Can’t check in for VA codeshare (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1914115-can-t-check-va-codeshare.html)

gungadin Jun 13, 2018 9:45 am

Can’t check in for VA codeshare

Our trip to London was lovely but I just tried to check in for the return codeshare LHR-JFK then JFK-CLE and could check in my husband but not myself even though we are on the same reservation. Called VA. They said Delta had to reissue the ticket. Called Delta. They said they were really Air France/ Lufthansa and could not reissue the ticket. Both said just check in at the airport but I am understandably nervous as VA premier seats are awfully popular and I am 75 and do not wish to be downgraded. Any wisdom from Flyertalk on this” computer problem”?

TTT Jun 13, 2018 10:26 am

It's possible you were selected for SSSS (extra security). I have had prevent me from checking in when departing LHR.

Can you go to Delta.com and pull up the reservation and then select View Receipt? Do the flights listed on the receipt match those on your reservation?

You can also try calling the US number for Delta. That will get you a Delta agent (vs. the European numbers which route to AF/KLM agents I think).

ajeleonard Jun 13, 2018 10:29 am

Use Skype to call Delta in the US. If you call Delta in Europe you get Air France KLM

tennessetom Jun 13, 2018 10:45 am

It is probably random selection for additional security screening. Happens all the time going out of Lhr and it is rare that you can find a phone agent that can tell you that is the issue. You should be able to check in at the kiosk when you arrive at Lhr. The actual additional security takes place at the gate and they normally just swab your bags and check for explosives much like being pulled out randomly when you go thru security in the us.

gungadin Jun 13, 2018 10:51 am

Yes, looks like it could be additional screening. I don’t see any any SSSS but when I tried the check in again it gave me a cant check you in security thing. Bummer. Thanks for the wisdom though and it is good to know that this is not unusual at LHR . I will just try not to stew about it till tomorrow morning.

tennessetom Jun 13, 2018 11:05 am

You won’t see the SSSS until you print your boarding pass which you will be able to do at the kiosk. And yes you will get a note when you try to check in about security. And it is random so very possible one person on the reservation can check in and the other can’t. While annoying it really isn’t cause for worry. There are tons of kiosks so it will literally just take you an extra minute to check in at the airport. You will then probably have to answer a few questions as does everyone. When the gate is announce normally about an hour and a half prior to flight time you will go thru the line to check in at the gate and enter the waiting area here you will be pulled aside and sent over to a table to have your random check.

UpgradeMe Jun 13, 2018 1:30 pm

Could this be a VS codeshare?

CarmenOM Jun 13, 2018 2:07 pm

When you say you have premier seats do you mean Premium Economy (although they may be calling it just Premium these days) on VS? (VA is Virgin Australia; VS is Virgin Atlantic). If so, you will be able to check in at a special desk, which may be the same as the Upper Class check in desk.

gungadin Jun 13, 2018 2:13 pm

Yes thanks to all. Premier economy which was really quite nice on the trip over. I will check in at the priority desk and really appreciate all of the information. I am retired now and do not have my finger on the pulse of frequent travel so I depend on my Flyertalk experts to keep me in touch.

flyerCO Jun 14, 2018 2:46 am

Last time I got SSSS with VS, I was still able to checkin online. It didn't appear on the mobile BP but did if you printed one out, which I found strange. When got to gate, scanned the BP, and it alarmed as SSSS.