Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

App is down causing early morning check in stress

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat Prem, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond

Got to JFK and the app couldn’t open! Just checked before I left....had to run to the counter and reprint
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Looks like they just fixed something (but not everything). You can now access your boarding pass in the app, but that appears to be all you can do.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Titanium Elite, National Executive
Took me about 25 tries to get logged in so I could screenshot my boarding pass and then couldn’t log back in after that. Looks like the website is down as well.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: Delta Platinum
App is still down, and if you get logged out of it seems to be impossible to get back into. Gate agents seem to be unaware of the issue as yet and the line to get boarding passes printed is beginning to grow at DTW.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Same here in MEM. I’m on 802 MEM-DTW. GA made an announcement prior to boarding to check and make sure you have the mobile BP. Doesn’t appear to be affecting operations though.

I did upgrade my iPhone app yesterday. Is there anyone affected by the issue who has not upgraded?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: Delta Platinum
I took the update on 6 June and this is the first issue I have seen like this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
It's not just the app. It's Delta.com (which means the app is screwed up, too.)
Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
This is why I always get the paper boarding pass...it does not break.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: DL GM
Seems that the App are website are back up and fully functional (at least for me). It was definitely down when I checked about 25 minutes ago. Granted, all I was doing was checking to see if my miles had posted

EDIT: Spoke to soon. My Trips on the website is now empty
Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:15 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
This right here is why I print BPs at the airport. I have never, and will never trust the app/digital BPs
serfty, mules, duluthDL and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: DL DM PM
You know you can save your BP to the wallet on your iPhone right? It won't help you this time, but rather than killing trees in the future, just snap it in the wallet when you're in your hotel or wherever, and voilŕ, no longer dependent on the App's stability!
wrp96, jamiestr, KBMIFlyer and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Yep. I always check in 24 hours in advance and drop the BP into the wallet — just to avoid surprises. That way you don't depend on the app working for you to have your boarding pass.
KBMIFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by pgh234
This is why I always get the paper boarding pass...it does not break.
^ Learned this lesson long ago after waiting in a long TSA line then having the app fail which resulted in having to schlep back and print one. I won't ever be "that guy" fumbling with his phone trying to get a BP and holding everyone else up at TSA or at the gate during the boarding process. Hasn't happened in a few years but if you're missing SkyMiles it's always good to have that paper BP to send in.

Guess I'm just an old fashioned tree killer
MSPeconomist, BenA and hortkie like this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
You know you can save your BP to the wallet on your iPhone right? It won't help you this time, but rather than killing trees in the future, just snap it in the wallet when you're in your hotel or wherever, and voilŕ, no longer dependent on the App's stability!
Sometimes phones stop working as well. I still don't print out my boarding pass and rely on the app, but I have had it happen where my phone has crashed. I was past security so just had to go to the lounge for a paper pass (and they gave me paper clips to reset my phone ). But screenshotting the BP isn't necessarily a failsafe against malfunctioning tech.
The Situation likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by MNvikesNM
Took me about 25 tries to get logged in so I could screenshot my boarding pass and then couldn’t log back in after that. Looks like the website is down as well.
-----
Good grief, just get to a kiosk and reprint it.
hockeystl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.