Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta e-Credit Experation. Delta Help is No-Help.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.

You would think that the Delta web-site (or the entire internet) would have a definitive answer to this question: With respect to the experation date for an e-credit; it seems reasonable that the ticket would have to be purchased before the expiration date, but may the travel start after the expiration date?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Yes. I’ve used an expiring e-cert for travel after the expiration date.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Yes. I’ve used an expiring e-cert for travel after the expiration date.
As long as it's an ecredit and not a left over value from old ticket. Old ticket ecredits require travel before expiration.
Mr. Tickets likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:54 pm

I have also been in this situation and the DM desk told me if there is an international component to the old ticket a new booking must be made by the expiry date but one could book travel for up to 330 days after the expiry date whereas for a domestic ticket travel must be completed by the expiry date. YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.