Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta ATL A concourse preference

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Delta ATL A concourse preference

I have a 3 hour layover Monday and based on current schedules, looks like arriving and departing from A. Any thoughts on the two Delta Sky Clubs in A? One better than the other?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:22 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Many thanks for the question, I'm going to move this over to the good people in the Delta forum who hopefully will be well equipped to answer this question from someone fairly new to Flyertalk. My recollection is that the one by A17 is very small, compared to the main lounge in A.

CWS/mod
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:25 pm

Location: Winter Park Fla. USA Hilton Diamond, Delta SM, Starwood Gold, Hertz PC
Take the train to the F terminal and go to the Sky Club out there. It's the best one in the airport and only takes about 10 minutes to get there.
KBMIFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vendsit
Take the train to the F terminal and go to the Sky Club out there. It's the best one in the airport and only takes about 10 minutes to get there.
Yeah, no reason to use the clubs in the other terminals unless you only have an hour to connect, or F is a zoo.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:03 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by skifam
I have a 3 hour layover Monday and based on current schedules, looks like arriving and departing from A. Any thoughts on the two Delta Sky Clubs in A? One better than the other?
what do you want to get out of a lounge visit?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Lunch, drinks.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:21 pm
pvn
Suspended

If you want lunch you should go to chick-fil-a or paschal's. The B, E and F clubs will have the "best" food offerings but we're talking like mac and cheese. If you're lucky they'll have some chicken breast-shaped-objects.

Drinks, they're pretty much all the same, there is a full bar at every club. The center A, B, E and F clubs might have a slightly larger selection of high-end booze.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
If you want lunch you should go to chick-fil-a or paschal's. The B, E and F clubs will have the "best" food offerings but we're talking like mac and cheese. If you're lucky they'll have some chicken breast-shaped-objects.

Drinks, they're pretty much all the same, there is a full bar at every club. The center A, B, E and F clubs might have a slightly larger selection of high-end booze.
Yeah you can't rely on the SCs for food anymore. They've really cut the ATL clubs down, even in E/F.

I'd go to One Flew South in E. The pork belly sliders are great.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by pvn

Sage advice right here if you’re going to eat in A.
personal preference but I like Verazanos pizza in A as well.

Last edited by apodo77; Jun 9, 2018 at 6:10 am
Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:27 am

I personally prefer ATL Concourse E SC to Concourse F. Bigger space, more food. Except in F you can go outside.
emrdoc and sky303 like this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Second level A center concourse is always my preference because I enjoy the semi-privacy of the numerous cubbyhole workstations vs the open warehouse-type feel of the new clubs like the one in ATL B.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
I personally prefer ATL Concourse E SC to Concourse F. Bigger space, more food. Except in F you can go outside.
The few times I have been to E it was packed. Evening time for all of them and assume it is overnights to Europe in the terminal?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by WWads
Yeah you can't rely on the SCs for food anymore. They've really cut the ATL clubs down, even in E/F.

I'd go to One Flew South in E. The pork belly sliders are great.
OFS is overpriced and overrated, even by airport standards.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:59 am
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by bonoman
OFS is overpriced and overrated, even by airport standards.
unpopular opinion

I find it's ... decent? It's definitely overrated, but not insanely. I mean, it's a good restaurant, sure, but it's not like some sort of transformative experience like some people here seem to think it is.

I would probably enjoy it more if it had outside views.
sky303 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by pvn
unpopular opinion.
True, but doesn't mean that it is wrong. I ate there several times and agree it was lacking any wow factor.. Wine selection is decent, but the sushi in C is just as good and IMO, has better people watching.
pvn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.