Lounge access

Old Jun 7, 18, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Lounge access

Hi all,

I am flying Comfort Plus domestic to then change to Delta one for the international connection (ORD-ATL-LHR). How does lounge access and fast track at ORD work in this case? I know that BA is quite special that it considers your highest class of travel when it comes to lounge access and fast track, so I wanted to ask if this is similar for Delta or if I will have to go through normal security and sit with the pleb at the gate?

Also, I am assuming the Delta lounge at ATL is as good as it gets seeing that ATL is the Delta hub? Anything in particular you would recommend?

Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 7, 18, 7:15 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
You will have access to DL Sky Priority check-in and "frequent traveler" security lane and DL Sky Club lounge in ORD based on same-day D1 flight. No Skyteam partner lounges in ATL, so DL Sky Clubs (there are 9 in ATL) are your only option. Concourse E or F Sky Clubs will likely be your best bet (F has a Sky Deck). LHR flights mostly seem to depart from concourse E.
Old Jun 7, 18, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
DL will consider your international DeltaOne travel for priority and lounge access... meaning you will have access to the lounge in both ORD and ATL, and skypriority check in and security line.

Also recommend the E or F lounge in ATL, but you can check out a couple of them depending where your flight arrives and departs from, as Delta has lounges in all of the concourses there.
B has their 'flagship' lounge with some nicer offerings, but can get crowded.
F can have some different international food offerings and is generally quieter.
Old Jun 7, 18, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much guys. Really appreciate your very quick feedback, makes this all much less stressful later. Thanks
Old Jun 7, 18, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mcgol View Post
Hi all,

I am flying Comfort Plus domestic to then change to Delta one for the international connection (ORD-ATL-LHR). How does lounge access and fast track at ORD work in this case? I know that BA is quite special that it considers your highest class of travel when it comes to lounge access and fast track, so I wanted to ask if this is similar for Delta or if I will have to go through normal security and sit with the pleb at the gate?

Also, I am assuming the Delta lounge at ATL is as good as it gets seeing that ATL is the Delta hub? Anything in particular you would recommend?

Thanks for your help.
Adding to others, you will get access to the VS arrivals lounge at LHR since flying D1.
Old Jun 7, 18, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Adding to others, you will get access to the VS arrivals lounge at LHR since flying D1.
THAT is a very good shout - as I will have to go straight into the office tomorrow morning. Any one know what the typical shower wait time and arrangements are like at the VS arrivals lounge? I don't think I have the time to queue for 45 minutes unfortunately.

Also, as I am not familiar with that lounge, is it easy to find? I find BA's arrival lounge is quite hidden and if you don't know about it its almost impossible to find it.

Thanks, again
Old Jun 7, 18, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
THAT is a very good shout - as I will have to go straight into the office tomorrow morning. Any one know what the typical shower wait time and arrangements are like at the VS arrivals lounge? I don't think I have the time to queue for 45 minutes unfortunately.

Also, as I am not familiar with that lounge, is it easy to find? I find BA's arrival lounge is quite hidden and if you don't know about it its almost impossible to find it.

Thanks, again
It's easy to find. It's right just before you exit the terminal. Plenty of signage. As for wait it depends what hour you arrive. Never had to wait more then 15 minutes IME.
Old Jun 7, 18, 8:50 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Haven't done it myself as I tend to avoid LHR like the plague, but after a quick google search this arrivals lounge info came up.
Old Jun 7, 18, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, AA Plat

Thanks, again
Shower wait was about 15-20min a few weeks ago. Decent offering of cold/hot breakfast items.

It's located on the mezzanine level in arrivals. Use the lifts across from Caffee Nero; it's just to the right when you walk off of the lift.
Old Jun 7, 18, 9:47 am
Original Poster

And again, thank you very much all!

Now wish me good look on the middle Comfort Plus seat for my flight into ATL.. Cannot wait to the have my single seat for the long haul. But fingers are still crossed I might get a better seat on the domestic.

Thank you so much for all of your help!
Old Jun 8, 18, 10:46 am

Programs: DL DM MM - IHG Spire
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Never had to wait more then 15 minutes IME.
Dependent, of course, on time of arrival. Personally, I have been lucky and never waited once even though I've used the arrivals lounge 12-15 different times.
Old Jun 8, 18, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ecaarch View Post
Dependent, of course, on time of arrival. Personally, I have been lucky and never waited once even though I've used the arrivals lounge 12-15 different times.
For the most part true. The 15 minutes was the exception.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: