FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Do you know your local station manager? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1912824-do-you-know-your-local-station-manager.html)

SkyTeam777 Jun 5, 2018 11:31 am

Do you know your local station manager?

Since almost all DL airports have a station manager (whether DL or contracted), I was wondering how many of you actually know them personally. What kind of things are they responsible for and do you see them interacting with passengers or are they more behind the scenes? Is it worth it for travelers who frequent an airport to introduce themselves or get to know each other? I know many people do that with the gate agents and ticketing agents they see often, but not sure if people ever take it to the next level to get to know the actual airline manager.

SuperG1955 Jun 5, 2018 1:06 pm

Yes..

MSPeconomist Jun 5, 2018 2:02 pm

I've met the MSP SC manager in person, but never the station manager or even a couple levels down in responsibility here.

Ordhater Jun 5, 2018 2:44 pm

Bob in Boise, yes. I don't know that he'd recognize me, but we've chatted a few times, usually about getting a nonstop to Atlanta (it's not looking good).

apodo77 Jun 5, 2018 2:51 pm

No at PBI but do know the SC Manager.

Looks like PBI is looking for a new station manger. Saw this pop up on Linkedin in April:

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/s...llc-657161804/

MCO Flyer Jun 5, 2018 5:55 pm

I’ve met the old MCO manager once a couple of years ago (can’t remember his name) but he definitely wouldn’t have recognized me if I saw him again. A good freind of mine is a regular DL employee at the ticket counter in MCO.

mot29 Jun 5, 2018 6:42 pm

When I lived in SoCal and flew out of ONT, I knew the NW station manager there. Not sure how much of a manager it was -- only 3 flights in and out a day, then down to 2.
But now that I'm flying out of DCA -- no.

SDQBound Jun 5, 2018 10:03 pm

I used to know the station manager at SDQ, but DL has changed the staff since then. I do know personally the DL Sales manager in France, as I am invited to DL-sponsored events in the Paris area every now and then.

ABQscientist Jun 10, 2018 5:58 pm

I think I met the one at LAN once, but these days I typically bus to DTW.

ljreinholt Jun 11, 2018 9:41 am

I know most of the staff at OMA, but not the station manager, we (staff and I regularly talk about how they are, and travel plans)..and OMA won an award for their category.....a nice little family....actually one who works in baggage worked for me at another company ages ago!

WDE76 Jun 11, 2018 9:30 pm

Last month was flying FCO to ATL in D1. Prior to the door closing, a man in casual clothes made several trips up and down our aisle to the front of the cabin. I was in 7A. On his last trip back and while approaching my seat location, the head FA said to him “you are here on the weekend, that’s dedication”. I stuck out my hand to shake his and he said to me “have a great flight”, he got off the plane and the door closed. When it was time to take dinner orders, I was the first one in D1 who was asked my meal preference. Same thing happened for pre-arrival meal. Thought this was odd but was not complaining. Prior to landing the head FA asked how I knew the FCO station manager. Obviously I didn’t, told him so, and the look on the FA’s face was priceless.

Chrisbuddy87 Jun 11, 2018 10:05 pm

Not with SLC being so close :(

Delta Dude Jun 12, 2018 12:26 am

Tina at PVD. She often helps out the gate agents when there's IRROPS or even when there's not. She's very nice and helpful and has gone beyond for me, but pushes a little too hard on pax to give positive ratings on the surveys, often mentioning it several times during the boarding process, especially in IRROPS.