Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta One 767-300 seat selection

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 7:12 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Moyerclan
It felt like Comfort+ almost, no better.
I know, right? Other than the leg room, the elbow room and personal space, going fully flat, the pillow and comforter, and direct aisle access from every seat it feels exactly the same as C+ in every way.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
I know, right? Other than the leg room, the elbow room and personal space, going fully flat, the pillow and comforter, and direct aisle access from every seat it feels exactly the same as C+ in every way.
You forgot about the shelf on which to put all your knick-knacks.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ijgordon
You forgot about the shelf on which to put all your knick-knacks.
Also the massage function!
Old May 8, 2019, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by cnc2002
I've read on this thread that seat 6A on Delta One 767-300s has either no or a misaligned window. Could someone confirm--is there no window, or do you just have to move around a bit to see out of the window. I'm flying cross country and really like to have a small amount of daylight, which isn't possible if there's no window at all. Right now the only other window seat is 6D, so probably the same. I'm using expert flyer so I will get notified if someone in another window seat gives up their seat. Hope one does.
No window, as far as I remember. Clearly avoid row 6 if you can.
Old May 31, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I was planning to select 1A based on the comments about the extra foot well space, but after looking at some Youtube videos, it appears that the overhead compartment above that seat is much smaller that the others. Is that correct? I need enough space for both a rollaboard and my camera bag.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Richard1148
I was planning to select 1A based on the comments about the extra foot well space, but after looking at some Youtube videos, it appears that the overhead compartment above that seat is much smaller that the others. Is that correct? I need enough space for both a rollaboard and my camera bag.
No issues. The first OH is lengthy enough for a roll aboard and laptop bag. The second OH, which is standard length goes over row one also, so no concerns about items being far away. Depth is the same, just a matter of overrow 1 there wasn't enough space to install another full length bin. I like the first bin since I know only my stuff is going in it. (Rollaboard and laptop bag) No one has a reason to be opening it.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
No issues. The first OH is lengthy enough for a roll aboard and laptop bag..
Thanks. Looks like 1A is a winner.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:22 pm

This is probably the wrong thread for posting B767-300ER retirements in the up and coming 12 month period - but in doing quite a bit of searching on my interest for the 76E (76W) retirements, I have come up not finding anything. Either my searching is missing a key word or there really isn't one. If there is, can I receive the thread link? Delta's last non B767-300ER just went out to "pasture" a few days ago so am looking for my next personal interest. Maybe the retirement of 76E's (76W) may co-inside with a (their) A330-900neo replacement thread. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ChamplinAl
This is probably the wrong thread for posting B767-300ER retirements in the up and coming 12 month period - but in doing quite a bit of searching on my interest for the 76E (76W) retirements, I have come up not finding anything. Either my searching is missing a key word or there really isn't one. If there is, can I receive the thread link? Delta's last non B767-300ER just went out to "pasture" a few days ago so am looking for my next personal interest. Maybe the retirement of 76E's (76W) may co-inside with a (their) A330-900neo replacement thread. Thanks in advance.
DL 767 have another decade of passenger service. DL is hoping the 797 when announced will be the replacement. Also DL still has 764s on top of 763s.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:33 am

Just checked DL's schedules - and - the 2 other SEA-TPAC A330-900neo's routes are STILL slated to start 2019-Aug-01 (SEA-ICN) and 2019-Aug-31 (SEA-NRT) {this one is being downgraded from an A350-900XWB}. SEA-PEK is staying B767-300ER for quite some time (well into 2020 - beyond May). Is there an easy way to find out load factors on some of DL's SEA-TPAC routes? Even if the load factor is quite low using the B76E (well 76Ws) on the SEA-PEK route - IF (or when) the transition of 76W to 339 occurs, DL would make the route less than daily to keep the new aircraft filled closer to max (well into the 90+% range). I know DL would rather make the route a daily one with 339, but the route could become more profitable by doing it 4 or 5 times a week until the demand allows it to become a daily one. Just thinking again. Do my thoughts make since or ????.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
All row 1 seats have a slightly larger footwell... but it's also true that in every other row, the seats closest to the aisle offer a footwell that is partially open to the aisle... so you actually have a bit more lateral space.
I am 6'5" (198cm) with size 14 feet, and this made all the difference in the world. I started out on the other side, and couldn't sleep on my side at all because my knees bumped against both the middle and outside barriers, and my feet couldn't squeeze into the footwell. By contrast, when I swapped with my spouse, I was able to lie comfortably on my side facing the aisle, both because of the knee room and foot box room. I wish there were a seating wiki for Delta planes, because this is important information! (If soon to be irrelevant, depending on how seating upgrades progress.)
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by hkcj
I wish there were a seating wiki for Delta planes, because this is important information! (If soon to be irrelevant, depending on how seating upgrades progress.)
There's a combined thread specifically for C+ (though I think it's been dormant for a while), but in general your best bet for this sort of thing is to do a Google search for "site:flyertalk.com delta (type of plane)" and see what threads come up.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by Zorak
There's a combined thread specifically for C+ (though I think it's been dormant for a while), but in general your best bet for this sort of thing is to do a Google search for "site:flyertalk.com delta (type of plane)" and see what threads come up.
More or less what I did for this . Didn't realize about the C+ thread - thanks!
Zorak likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Sat in 1A for the first time yesterday. Have flown this plane countless times and have always resisted 1A due to proximity to the lav and galley. What a mistake I made. The additional room in the footwell is CONSIDERABLY noticeable. HIGHLY recommend this for any big-footed/tall folks.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Sat in 1A for the first time yesterday. Have flown this plane countless times and have always resisted 1A due to proximity to the lav and galley. What a mistake I made. The additional room in the footwell is CONSIDERABLY noticeable. HIGHLY recommend this for any big-footed/tall folks.
Glad to hear that. Wife and I will be flying on 763 J (JFK-BER) for first time and chose 1A/D based on these recommendations. Looking forward to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.