Delta One 767-300 seat selection

Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoleATL
I've been hesitant to try row 1 larger footwells because of the proximity to the lavs... I'm currently booked on ATL LAX on this config and selected the first row. A good test run without potentially ruining a flight to Europe. Sounds like it will be okay, however. I have size 13 feet and have noticed the other footwells being small.
On the 763, the window seats are set further back, and separated from the lavs by closet space. You will not be able to see the lavs from your seat. You probably won't be able to smell them either, except in exceptional circumstances, in which case rows 2, 3 and beyond would probably smell them as well.

The center seats are further front and have more direct line-of-"sight" to the lavs, although I don't know if you can actually see them (I suspect 1C, which is right on the aisle might, but 1D is probably too far in).

And of course on the 764, the lavs are in the rear of business class. But I believe 1A/D are set forward, so in that case the "issue" might be the galley, but not the lavs. That said, with noise-isolating earbuds and/or earplugs, and an eye shade, I've never been bothered by galley noise/light on a plane.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by ijgordon
On the 763, the window seats are set further back, and separated from the lavs by closet space. You will not be able to see the lavs from your seat. You probably won't be able to smell them either, except in exceptional circumstances, in which case rows 2, 3 and beyond would probably smell them as well.

The center seats are further front and have more direct line-of-"sight" to the lavs, although I don't know if you can actually see them (I suspect 1C, which is right on the aisle might, but 1D is probably too far in).

And of course on the 764, the lavs are in the rear of business class. But I believe 1A/D are set forward, so in that case the "issue" might be the galley, but not the lavs. That said, with noise-isolating earbuds and/or earplugs, and an eye shade, I've never been bothered by galley noise/light on a plane.
The problem is that the blue light from the bathroom when opened shines pretty strongly in 1B/1C. I would avoid those seats
Dave737 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:20 pm

I just booked 1A on the new service from AMS to TPA.

Glad to have read about 1A, as it's a 10+ hour flight and at almost 6'2" with size 12 shoes, I'll very much need the added foot space.

Surprised to still see so many 76's on these longer flights vs. the 777 or A330.
Old May 4, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott
I try to avoid the 767-300 Delta One whenever possible. My last experience the seat 7B wouldn’t recline. I’m still waiting for some sort of compensation. I find this aircraft to be cramped even in Delta One.
Old May 4, 2019, 11:19 pm

I'm on a Boeing 767-300ER (76Z) V2 based on Seatguru and Delta Maps. My F upgrade cleared and I'm in 1A. I prefer window seats and as a solo passenger, the only other options are the aisle/middle pairs. At first I was not sure that being in the bulkhead would be good, but this thread has me thinking I may have lucked out actually. It's a daytime Domestic flight (BOS-SLC), so sleep isn't hugely critical, but excited to get a taste of D1.
Old May 5, 2019, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by c5ruzr
I'm on a Boeing 767-300ER (76Z) V2 based on Seatguru and Delta Maps. My F upgrade cleared and I'm in 1A. I prefer window seats and as a solo passenger, the only other options are the aisle/middle pairs. At first I was not sure that being in the bulkhead would be good, but this thread has me thinking I may have lucked out actually. It's a daytime Domestic flight (BOS-SLC), so sleep isn't hugely critical, but excited to get a taste of D1.
You have. It's the best seat on the plane for the daytime flight, and service can be excellent too as the galley is just there..
Old May 5, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: DL Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by c5ruzr
I'm on this flight as well this week but in 2A . I took the RUC route and in hindsight I would've cleared at my UG window. Such is life...cheers

Last edited by FLYPWM; May 7, 2019 at 4:49 pm
Old May 5, 2019, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by skyhighlander
You have. It's the best seat on the plane for the daytime flight, and service can be excellent too as the galley is just there..
Why the inference that 1A is better for daytime than overnight? I'm assuming the lav and galley are disturbances for sleep?
Old May 5, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
Originally Posted by TipsyMcStagger
I just booked 1A on the new service from AMS to TPA.

Surprised to still see so many 76's on these longer flights vs. the 777 or A330.
One reason I never get picky about of the different flavors of Business Class on Delta is because their 767s, with over 70 in the fleet, are the workhorses. Getting any D1 seat by any means is a luxury compared to the previous 40 years of air travel.
DiverDave likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Justin026

One reason I never get picky about of the different flavors of Business Class on Delta is because their 767s, with over 70 in the fleet, are the workhorses. Getting any D1 seat by any means is a luxury compared to the previous 40 years of air travel.
I guess but D1 is an upgraded seat, no? I paid full fare for business.

Also, one tends to get spoiled after repeated flight in business on Emirates
Old May 5, 2019, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TipsyMcStagger
Have a look at the mainline fleet makeup. There are more 767-300ERs than any other single widebody type. https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Delta-Air-Lines

Delta has taken delivery of only 23 widebodies (ten A330-300 242T, thirteen A350) in the last nine years even as it parked 16 744s and a few 767s.
TipsyMcStagger likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 11:14 am

Seat 6A Delta One

I've read on this thread that seat 6A on Delta One 767-300s has either no or a misaligned window. Could someone confirm--is there no window, or do you just have to move around a bit to see out of the window. I'm flying cross country and really like to have a small amount of daylight, which isn't possible if there's no window at all. Right now the only other window seat is 6D, so probably the same. I'm using expert flyer so I will get notified if someone in another window seat gives up their seat. Hope one does.
Old May 7, 2019, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Typically with these seats it would be just one missing window, whereas the pitch of the seats mean you usually get 2-3 windows per seat. I'm almost certain that's how it is on the 763; so you should be able to get some daylight/views. Also pretty sure 6A and 6D would be the same.
Old May 7, 2019, 4:12 pm
formerly dave h.

Location: Seattle - it's not Hell, but you can SEA it from here!
Programs: SkyMiles, IHG nobody, HH nobody
I just flew SEA-CDG and back in 1A. at 6'1", 230 lbs, it's a bit cramped, but still better than those angled seats in UC on VS.
Old May 7, 2019, 6:51 pm

Just flew a 767-300 from Rome to Detroit.... Seat 2B. Horrible uncomfortable cushion (or lack thereof), the entertainment screen broken (a very nice FA provided me with compensation in miles) and the entire "Delta One" comfort image was anything but.
The plane looked very out of date, as if this was the first attempt at putting this class in the planes. It felt like Comfort+ almost, no better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.