Wiki Posts
Search

Delta One 767-300 seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2022, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Sat in 1A for the first time yesterday. Have flown this plane countless times and have always resisted 1A due to proximity to the lav and galley. What a mistake I made. The additional room in the footwell is CONSIDERABLY noticeable. HIGHLY recommend this for any big-footed/tall folks.
+1. 1A (and 1D) are far and away the best seats on the 763
DiverDave and SuperG1955 like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tuneman005
Glad to hear that. Wife and I will be flying on 763 J (JFK-BER) for first time and chose 1A/D based on these recommendations. Looking forward to it.
Note these can be reassigned for disability purposes. 1B/C are much less likely. However understand wanting window/air vents.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:06 pm

I did 8A today for sfo to jfk, and I only had access to one window. The second window was aligned closer to 7A’s seat and covered up by a cloth that seems like it could wrap around all of 7A in front of me. I didn’t see this setup for 8D. Not a big deal since I was able to snag this last window seat, which is still better than being stuck with B/C seats.

First time flying D1 and the seat isn’t amazingly comfortable but the massage button took me by surprise.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
767-300

What are the best two seats for a couple if not needing a window? KOA-SEA, redeye. Currently have 2B/C but others are available.

Last edited by philemer; Nov 26, 2022 at 5:21 pm
Old Nov 26, 2022, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
What are the best two seats for a couple if not needing a window? KOA-SEA, redeye. Currently have 2B/C but others are available.
1B/C are the two best seats on the plane for a couple (and 1A and 1D are the best for solo or if you don’t need to sit next to each other). Bigger footwells and the traffic for the bathrooms and galley is negligible IMO (especially vs 2B/C).

Apart from that all middle section seats are the same in my experience
Old Nov 26, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duke787
1B/C are the two best seats on the plane for a couple (and 1A and 1D are the best for solo or if you don’t need to sit next to each other). Bigger footwells and the traffic for the bathrooms and galley is negligible IMO (especially vs 2B/C).

Apart from that all middle section seats are the same in my experience
seatguru mentions the "proximity" of the lavs and galley as a potential issue but can't be worse than 2B/C.
Thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2022, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
seatguru mentions the "proximity" of the lavs and galley as a potential issue but can't be worse than 2B/C.
Thanks!
Seatguru does that for all seats next to lavs. You're far enough away not to be issue.
philemer likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Thanks!

The only times I may have heard flushing from the lava from 1A was when we were still boarding. The extra foot traffic didn’t bother me one bit, as the extra space for my feet and legs was well worth it.
philemer likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We are now in 1B/C. Thanks, all.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 11:17 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
We always pick 1B/C. I pick 1C for a daytime flight (like yesterday's SFO-JFK) because I know +1 will be sleeping in 1B and I appreciate not getting bumped as much with the console between me and the aisle. Yes, there's a bit of noise from the lavs but with headphones on, it's not intrusive. Meals will be first out of the galley and one can take advantage of a post-meal lav break while others are still eating.

The larger footwells are the only ones that allow me any comfort and I only wear size 10 shoes.
philemer and Duke787 like this.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL DM
I’m traveling with Mrs. tardyturtle and two kids in DeltaOne. We are planning for me and Mrs. tardyturtle to be in B/C and the kids to be in A/D. Looking at photos and seatmaps, it looks like the middle and window seats are staggered with the window seats behind the middle ones such that if we book into the same row, the kids will be behind us. Is it best to book the kids one row ahead of us so that we have better line of sight?
Old Jun 11, 2023, 10:11 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
They are slightly staggered, as shown on aeroLOPA, so what you said should work, or if the kids don't care about the window then put one parent and one kid each in a B/C pair (if available)

From consecutive window seats the person behind can kinda pop their head over and look too, but perhaps not as ideal.
tardyturtle likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flying this on an upcoming ATL - SFO trip. Good news, it's a nice change from the 739, bad news my usual row 1 is booked.

Best window options look to be either 5D or 9A/9D -- any real rhyme or reason between those three? I figure 9A/9D would be a good choice if I want to be ignored the whole flight (915pm departure so no meal service) and would be relatively quiet. 5D might get slightly better service (although honestly probably will need to be proactive on this flight given departure time, length of flight, and bigger F cabin vs. regular flight on this route).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.