Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL kicks off "Sky Way at LAX", $1.86b, 5 year modernization

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL kicks off "Sky Way at LAX", $1.86b, 5 year modernization

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by kjnangre
What?
The OP is referring to the new check in “head houses.” The right of the T2 concourse is referred to as “T1.5” and the left is “T2.5.” The T1.5 project is being funded 100% by LAWA and is going to expand ticket counter space which LAX is lacking in currently. “The main center portion between the two where the security checkpoint is currently housed for T2 will eventually be going away with new security checkpoints above the T2.5 and T1.5 check in areas, so there will definitely be renovations to that space.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Southwest is putting a new entryway in just west of T1.
The T1.5 project is being funded by LAWA completely and WN has nothing to do with it. (they are actually loosing a gate because of it)

Here is a link for anyone interested:
https://www.lawa.org/en/lawa-our-lax...ax-terminal-15
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: IHG Spire
Why does T1 need airside connectivity to T2/3/TBIT? It's SW, they'll need to claim bags downstairs before ̶i̶n̶v̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶s̶ going anywhere else anyhow, no?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Cyberian
Why does T1 need airside connectivity to T2/3/TBIT? It's SW, they'll need to claim bags downstairs before ̶i̶n̶v̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶s̶ going anywhere else anyhow, no?
Again this is LAWA's project, not WN or DL. The main purpose of this project is for ticket counter space, which LAX is severely lacking and will only get worse whenever the MSC opens. Also with the new T1.5 building having a consolidated security checkpoint between T1 and T2 and another between T2 and T3 in the T2.5 building, it will finally get rid of the disaster that is the security checkpoint in T2 currently. Once all of the projects are done, you will be able to walk from T1 all the way to T8 without leaving security. (although that will be a very long walk)
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

The OP is referring to the new check in “head houses.” The right of the T2 concourse is referred to as “T1.5” and the left is “T2.5.” The T1.5 project is being funded 100% by LAWA and is going to expand ticket counter space which LAX is lacking in currently. “The main center portion between the two where the security checkpoint is currently housed for T2 will eventually be going away with new security checkpoints above the T2.5 and T1.5 check in areas, so there will definitely be renovations to that space.
Good to hear. Thanks for clarifying.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: Fly paid F/J. DL 2MM+.
Will international arrivals and departures be at T2, T3 and TBIT?

Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
OK, I'll get to check out the D1 check in in October.
I've got a TATL D1 trip coming up in three weeks or so (coach was $2200, D1 $3200 so a no brainer for me) -- normally I don't check bags but this trip is the one each year where I check two (including one that is sometimes a bit over 50 lbs) so the new D1 check in might be a good thing. didn't really see what the temp gave you other than "exclusivity" and the one time I used it I had to wait for an agent to come over from SkyPriority. Now the desk in T5 was cool but you ended up walking a lot farther if you didn't check bags
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: IHG Spire
Originally Posted by KeepDeltaMyDelta
Will international arrivals and departures be at T2, T3 and TBIT?

Good question, having recently gone through customs twice on arrival from LTO on Alaska and finding it all lumped into one huge snaking line full of United pax somewhere under T6/7. I sure went down a lot of escalators and tunnels to end up on ground level...

On the good side, I did get a DL bus ride to TBIT for a mainland return home and discovered the joy of an actual smoking area there
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: Fly paid F/J. DL 2MM+.
[deleted]

Last edited by KeepDeltaMyDelta; Jun 13, 2018 at 5:55 pm
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:16 am

When the T3 Club is closed, the T3 gates will be closed too. I'm guessing DL is going to borrow some gates from someone during that time. They simply won't have enough gates to maintain their operation.
Just a guess, but when ‘Bradley West’ opens up, that seems like the event that could create a slew of extra adjacent gates that could be used for a period of time while a terminal is rebuilt. Does anyone know if that is the plan (using adjacent TBIT gates when airlines shift to the West gates)?
bgriff likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Cyberian
Some Southwest international flights check-in at T1, but depart TBIT. They wouldn't let me use the bus to go to the PP lounge because I wasn't on an approved flight#, which was a bummer. Oh, and there's Shack Shack at T3! So yeah T1 needs airside connectivity too.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Gig103
Some Southwest international flights check-in at T1, but depart TBIT. They wouldn't let me use the bus to go to the PP lounge because I wasn't on an approved flight#, which was a bummer. Oh, and there's Shack Shack at T3! So yeah T1 needs airside connectivity too.
If you’re into soggy hamburger buns, Shake Shack is for you. I just flew out of T2, where the food court is woefully inadequate.

Seriously, other than a millenial magnet, Shake Shack is crap food. Five Guys is better.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by sleuth

If you’re into soggy hamburger buns, Shake Shack is for you. I just flew out of T2, where the food court is woefully inadequate.

Seriously, other than a millenial magnet, Shake Shack is crap food. Five Guys is better.
Funny because I find Five Guys to be overrated by about four guys. I'd take In-N-Out to either FG or SS though if it was an option short of taking the ParkingSpot shuttle off site.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL PM

Hah! The LAX traffic circle has surely never once had this few vehicles during daylight hours in the past decade.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know space is tight here, but I always wish they'd make the sidewalks wider. With the smokers and the Ubers and the vans, it's hard to walk laterally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.