Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL kicks off "Sky Way at LAX", $1.86b, 5 year modernization

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL kicks off "Sky Way at LAX", $1.86b, 5 year modernization

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Statman
This blogger said no food yet because the employees are still being trained. There a ton of pictures in this post from him.

The Sky Deck looks amazing!

https://eyeoftheflyer.com/2022/04/19...y-club-review/
Thanks for the link, I was hoping for pictures of visits from other fellow travelers, not from the a press event.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:46 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM

Coming from TBIT

A peak to D1 temporary

Up going to security

ND76, Statman, Kacee and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
so the buffet is open with food from the latest picture?
Old Apr 22, 2022, 7:34 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
There’s two buffets on each end, one end has a taco stand (not self serve) and looks like fresh squeezed juices.
Statman and simonsuo like this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:17 pm

Adding onto the above photos, the old TSA checkpoint is now cordoned off and you have a relatively longer walk to get outside.

Obviously the new areas feel and look nicer, but a lot of it seems VERY sterile. Hopefully there’s a plan to liven it up a little.

Also, while fine for me, lots of sorta steep ramps everywhere, which isn’t the best for older folks or those with mobility issues.

Old security area cordoned off, directing to new head house.

Seemingly endless sterile hallway from T2. SkyClub is halfway down on left, with baggage claim exit just before it.
NOLAnwGOLD and lindros2 like this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Adding onto the above photos, the old TSA checkpoint is now cordoned off and you have a relatively longer walk to get outside.

Obviously the new areas feel and look nicer, but a lot of it seems VERY sterile. Hopefully there’s a plan to liven it up a little.

Also, while fine for me, lots of sorta steep ramps everywhere, which isn’t the best for older folks or those with mobility issues.

Old security area cordoned off, directing to new head house.

Seemingly endless sterile hallway from T2. SkyClub is halfway down on left, with baggage claim exit just before it.
I believe they eventually are going to renovate/re-configure the old TSA checkpoint area in the T2 concourses to add more food/shops so I don’t think the “sterile hallway” is permanent.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 6:32 pm

Any idea what the old security space and check-in area will become?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 10:51 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Flying out of LAX later in the week to OGG, looks like Terminal 2 gates 24 or 27. Is the new Sky Club walkable time wise to those gates or stick to the old sky club?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by OPENROAD
Flying out of LAX later in the week to OGG, looks like Terminal 2 gates 24 or 27. Is the new Sky Club walkable time wise to those gates or stick to the old sky club?
The new head house is the primary security option so long as you don’t clear security at terminal 1 or 1.5 (both an option if you don’t have bags) then you will pass the new Skyclub on your way to gates 24&27. It’s roughly a 5 - 10 min walk from the new security checkpoint to any terminal 2 gate depending on your walking speed. Terminal 2 old security checkpoint is closed.
OPENROAD likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:07 pm

I strolled through the new club on the way out after arrival. It is very nice. Reminds me of a much larger version of the PHX club. Sky deck with the bar out there is sweet. It’s LA so the deck can be used a lot more than JFK or even ATL. With the T2 club staying open and the size of this club, I don’t think there will be lines to get in. Famous last words…
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I believe they eventually are going to renovate/re-configure the old TSA checkpoint area in the T2 concourses to add more food/shops so I don’t think the “sterile hallway” is permanent.
I don’t find it that sterile. Tall ceilings and one side has windows overlooking the tarmac. The other side could use some art (even if temporary), but it’s nothing like the sterile tunnel between T5 and T6
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
Taking the red eye LAX to MSP tonight, what are the hours at the new Skyclub and where do I have the rental car shuttle drop me off to check in an drop a bag ?

App shows Terminal 3 Gate 24 for departure.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Frogbone
Taking the red eye LAX to MSP tonight, what are the hours at the new Skyclub and where do I have the rental car shuttle drop me off to check in an drop a bag ?

App shows Terminal 3 Gate 24 for departure.
SkyClub Info here:
https://www.delta.com/us/en/airports...ub-airport-map

Check-in / Bag drop-off / Clearing Security is at Terminal 3.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by Sankyo
SkyClub Info here:
https://www.delta.com/us/en/airports...ub-airport-map

Check-in / Bag drop-off / Clearing Security is at Terminal 3.
So check in and bag drop is at T3 and club is closed at 10pm. Flights depart from T2 ? Am I reading this correct?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Frogbone
So check in and bag drop is at T3 and club is closed at 10pm. Flights depart from T2 ? Am I reading this correct?
Yes, but keep in mind that the old T2 club is still open and stays open until 1230 AM. I took the red eye home last night/this morning and spent a while in the new one and the old one as well. The new one is really nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.