Search

Choice Benefits for 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

OOPS. You're right. It's one for PM, not one fewer than DMs get.
You get gold, and you get gold, and you get gold. EVERYBODY GETS GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weekend Away likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
My friend was Platinum and made Diamond on 31st December 2018.
He has his Diamond Choice Benefits as an option right now.
Do you only get the Choice Benefits for the FOLLOWING YEAR (2019) or do you also get current-year Choice Benefits when you reach a new Medallion level 2018)?

I feel like waaaay back when I moved to Platinum, I got it for that year AND for the new year....
Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kyushuman
My friend was Platinum and made Diamond on 31st December 2018.
He has his Diamond Choice Benefits as an option right now.
Do you only get the Choice Benefits for the FOLLOWING YEAR (2019) or do you also get current-year Choice Benefits when you reach a new Medallion level 2018)?

I feel like waaaay back when I moved to Platinum, I got it for that year AND for the new year....
Thanks!
They fixed that long ago. Your friend earned Diamond status for 2019 and thus the corresponding 2019 Diamond Choice Benefits selections. They do not also give you 2018 Diamond Choice Benefits just because it is your first time qualifying.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by LBJ
They fixed that long ago. Your friend earned Diamond status for 2019 and thus the corresponding 2019 Diamond Choice Benefits selections. They do not also give you 2018 Diamond Choice Benefits just because it is your first time qualifying.
"Fixed"= "Enhanced"
SJC ORD LDR likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LBJ
I think that people who earn status from a challenge still get to double-dip choice benefits.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
You can select the benefits immediately. However what you earn this year is for next year's status. Thus you're selecting next year's benefits "early."
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:37 pm

Another related question: He chose SkyClub membership this morning online. It's showing that he's made one of his three choices.
Can he use the Skyclub tomorrow? Is there a confirmation/ way to check when this would go "live" ?
thanks
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:01 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Another related question: He chose SkyClub membership this morning online. It's showing that he's made one of his three choices.
Can he use the Skyclub tomorrow? Is there a confirmation/ way to check when this would go "live" ?
thanks
I'm not sure it'll kick in that quickly, but if it does, there are methods that should work to gain access:

1. it ought to be linked to his SkyMiles account, so a boarding pass printed after the membership is "live" should say something like "DIAMOND/ELITEPLUS/SKY CLUB" on it, and the SC agent can simply scan the boarding pass for entry

2. a digital credential should appear in the app. On Android, it's the third "tab" under "MY WALLET" and appears beneath drink vouchers (if any) and your virtual DM card. Tapping on it displays a bar code thingy that can be scanned as well.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm not sure it'll kick in that quickly, but if it does, there are methods that should work to gain access:

1. it ought to be linked to his SkyMiles account, so a boarding pass printed after the membership is "live" should say something like "DIAMOND/ELITEPLUS/SKY CLUB" on it, and the SC agent can simply scan the boarding pass for entry

2. a digital credential should appear in the app. On Android, it's the third "tab" under "MY WALLET" and appears beneath drink vouchers (if any) and your virtual DM card. Tapping on it displays a bar code thingy that can be scanned as well.
Thanks so much for that! Earlier today the SkyClub Card wasn't in his wallet, but it is now. So he can already use the SkyClub tomorrow morning!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:00 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Quick question . . . .

I have two $200 ECVs in my account that are expiring at the end of January. I believe these are the Choice Benefits that I selected last year - 1 PM & 1 DM. Can I use them toward the same ticket?

I posted this a coupl'a weeks ago in the "Lounge" thread, but, nobody replied. Thanx in advance!

Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Quick question . . . .

I have two $200 ECVs in my account that are expiring at the end of January. I believe these are the Choice Benefits that I selected last year - 1 PM & 1 DM. Can I use them toward the same ticket?

I posted this a coupl'a weeks ago in the "Lounge" thread, but, nobody replied. Thanx in advance!

I guess if you can't and you don't have a flight to book, book something in Y and use the credit in future reissues.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I just selected my last 2 choice benefits for 2018 since I'm leaving for 2 weeks in Europe tomorrow and don't want to wait to the last minute and forget.
for PM I took the $200 voucher
for DM I took the 4 GUCs and 2 $200 vouchers, that is a new option, right.
Already used 2 of the GUCs and the PM voucher for the trip leaving tomorrow. DCA-AMS-DCA in D1 for $335 cash out of pocket + $200 voucher.
Didn't take the sky club membership for 2018 because my 3 year NW membership finally expired in Aug and all of my fall travel was international and in D1 or on a ST partner so didn't need it.
I'm a pretty satisfied customer.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
If you have a Delta AMEX card, the 25,000 SkyMiles --> the $200 voucher. First, it's worth an absolute minimum of $250 (if Pay With Miles is used, which earns MQMs). Often it's worth $275-$375 (if used on award tickets). Second, it has no expiration date issues.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:06 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Anyone else having issues accessing the Choice Benefits site today? I've tried a few browsers but each time after clicking "select your choice benefits" on this page, the next page it takes me to doesn't fully load. Was trying to get my last 2018 benefit selected before the deadline...
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bgriff
Anyone else having issues accessing the Choice Benefits site today? I've tried a few browsers but each time after clicking "select your choice benefits" on this page, the next page it takes me to doesn't fully load. Was trying to get my last 2018 benefit selected before the deadline...
Yes, same issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.