Wiki Posts
Search

Booking SEA-AMS-JRO with miles

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: delta diamond, Hilton Diamond
Booking SEA-AMS-JRO with miles

Greetings, I am trying to book a flight for my wife and her friend from SEA-AMS-JRO and use miles. The AMS-JRO segment is on KLM. I have plenty of skymiles (1.2 mil), but cant get any offers. I can get the SEA-AMS with miles but it wont give me anything for the last segment? Called the diamond line and they said they cant see anything? Delta.com will sell me the ticket. Any tricks to try and get it with miles? I've tried multiple days with no luck. Thanks
Old May 30, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I was able to find AMS-JRO rt on a very few dates in June for 130,000 miles and 385 euros in business. Also looked at 1 way bookings and found a few more dates.
Maybe try booking as 2 separate tickets?
This may be one of the situations worth paying the folks who will find you the best award tickets might be worthwhile?
Old May 30, 2018, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mot29
I was able to find AMS-JRO rt on a very few dates in June for 130,000 miles and 385 euros in business. Also looked at 1 way bookings and found a few more dates.
Maybe try booking as 2 separate tickets?
This may be one of the situations worth paying the folks who will find you the best award tickets might be worthwhile?
Hmm yes they are planning in August. I have used the cranky concierge on occasion and they were good...but not great using Delta miles.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
More miles won't help. The KLM segment will be saver or unavailable, a situation that has existed for a decade.
Old May 30, 2018, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
More miles won't help. The KLM segment will be saver or unavailable, a situation that has existed for a decade.
Did not know that as I have never booked on KLM with Delta miles. Thanks
Old May 31, 2018, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tbeard
Did not know that as I have never booked on KLM with Delta miles. Thanks
Same across industry. Partner flights are only available at saver or not at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.