Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Drink Voucher / Coupon Giveaway Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 12:06 am
Original Poster

I've seen a few postings here occasionally where someone has some drink vouchers to give away. I've also seen in other airline's forums (fora?) a consolidated thread for everyone to post their drink coupons. That gives anyone looking for coupons a single place to go to find them being given away, and encourages others to give coupons away since they see the thread popping back up.

Here's how it works: Post here that you have coupons to give away. When people respond (ideally via aPM with their email address), send them a PDF printed from the website or a screen shot from the app on the phone. When you've given away all you have, return here to edit your post to say the coupons are gone.

I'll start: I've got 8 drink coupons to give away, with expiration date 1/31/2019. I'll do these two at a time, so the first 4 people to PM me with their email address will get a couple of PDFs of my drink coupons. When they're all spoken for, I'll update this post to let everyone know. And, anyone else with coupons they're not going to use, please post here!

Enjoy!

---------------

All coupons are spoken for, thanks!
RJPA likes this.

Last edited by adavidw; May 30, 2018 at 3:30 pm Reason: all gone!
Old May 30, 2018, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Isn't there a specific forum for trading coupons? Been ages since visited, but used to be only location to do this type of stuff.
Delta Dude likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

I searched and searched and couldn't find one. So, if there is an existing one, let's promote that instead, but also work on making it more findable.
Old May 30, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Isn't there a specific forum for trading coupons? Been ages since visited, but used to be only location to do this type of stuff.
In order to gain access to the Coupon Connection, you have be a FT member for at least 6 months and have a minimum number of posts. Can't remember offhand how many posts are required, but that is why OP cannot see CC.

ETA: found in wiki - minimum 90 days and 90 posts

Last edited by DavidDTW; May 30, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Old May 30, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL DM
EDIT: I see someone just beat me to it...

It's called Coupon Connection and it's here

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coupon-connection-373/

Seems to have extra limitations on it...but worth checking out.
Old May 30, 2018, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
In order to gain access to the Coupon Connection, you have be a FT member for at least 6 months and have a minimum number of posts. Can't remember offhand how many posts are required, but that is why OP cannot see CC.
So someone cant even see it? Its not just access restricted for posting, but actually invisible until you meet the threshold?

I might only have a dozen or so posts, but ive been reading the forums for years and have seen drink giveaway posts pop up with some regularity. I would think having a visible forum or thread like this would be a nice way to keep those threads from popping up and to encourage others to be generous. Thats harder to do if its invisible.
Old May 30, 2018, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
ETA: found in wiki - minimum 90 days and 90 posts
My goodness, 90 posts? That seems really high. Im pretty sure none of the people I gave my vouchers to actually meet that threshold. I certainly dont.

I just dont have a lot to say generally. I obviously like to chip in and help (or I wouldnt have started this thread), but would prefer to only post when I have accurate helpful information or something else to offer. Otherwise Im just a lurker.

Ironic that if I posted 90 posts on how I really feel about the Delta uniforms instead, Id be valued and trusted enough to give away some drink vouchers.
third_wave likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by remyontheroad
It's called Coupon Connection and it's here

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coupon-connection-373/

Seems to have extra limitations on it...but worth checking out.

No dice.
Old May 30, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
I haven't been on CC in years (and obviously don't post much - maybe 500 posts in like 13 years?)

Many of my posts were pre-Delta on NW and Midwest Airlines.

To keep on topic - can you even give drink cards away any more? I guess I mean the ones that show up digitally in your wallet, not printed ones. I suppose you could screen-shot on your phone and send to someone.

What other DL stuff could you trade/give away? I do have a couple of NWA coffee cups that 'fell' into my bag just around merger time
Old May 30, 2018, 7:55 pm

Well, I am a very happy recipient of a voucher. Thank you a million, I'll be sure to put them to good use!
TommyD2 likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Have one drink voucher that expires Jan. 31st 2019. First one to private message get's it...
Old May 30, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
While we are on drink vouchers I have already requalified for Platinum in 2019. Do you get vouchers for that? None are in my wallet.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:33 pm

This thread sounds like a great idea! Thanks OP!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
I have 4 expiring tomorrow. PM me for free drinks on me!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Whatever
One expiring tomorrow, PM me if ya want it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.