New Uniforms?

Old May 30, 2018, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK the new red uniforms are for redcoats, not FAs.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:59 pm

Apparently some people here want everyone at Delta to dress like Uncle Sam

Do I perceive the uniforms as off-brand? Yes. Do I like the color purple? Not really. Do my opinions matter? No. At the end of the day, its not my opinions that matter, but the people wearing the uniform. If the people wearing the uniform are not happy with a certain aspect of their job, that unhappiness will come through in the quality of service that is provided (as I know from my experiences with other airlines over the years). It sounds like DL did an adequate job of soliciting feedback and this is what employees wanted so hopefully the people whose opinions actually matter and impact us are happy. If they are happy, I am probably going to be happy.
GoAmtrak likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by muishkin
Just off the top of my head. Air France - a big red bow-tie belt. Finnair - "finnish blue" with prominent white stripe on the shoulder/chest area with blue/white striped neck scarf. Singapore airline, well if you can't tell Singapore airline's uniform from others, then you must be blind. Qatar - lots of dark red/plum. Lufthansa - dark navy with a bright yellow neck scarf. Hainan Airline - a traditional Chinese cheongsam with gray/white Haute Couture coat and cape on top. Aer Lingus - glowing emerald. British Airways - navy blue, neck tie/scarf with same red/white/blue colors as the BA livery arranged in a checkered pattern. Qantas - dark navy with red and fuchsia diagonal bands on the left shoulder/chest area. American Airlines - charcoal gray or aviation blue, neck scarf with red/blue colors in a striped pattern.
dude, you gotta lot of time on your hands.
jinglish likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL MM, UA Global Services, AA Platinum
These new uniforms are life-giving and wonderfully stylish and refreshing. They're forward-thinking in color and concept while giving appropriate nods to mid-century glamour, especially in aviation. It's so nice to see something different than the drab, played-out navy/red/white motif that's been rehashed and remixed in countless and obvious ways.

While I think all of the main pieces are commendable, the highlights for me are in the details and accessories -- namely the apron, ties, scarf, pocket square, and purse. Oh, and the coats.

PS -- This shade of plum flatters just about every skin tone, too. Huge, thoughtful plus.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by kishkash
These new uniforms are life-giving and wonderfully stylish and refreshing. They're forward-thinking in color and concept while giving appropriate nods to mid-century glamour, especially in aviation. It's so nice to see something different than the drab, played-out navy/red/white motif that's been rehashed and remixed in countless and obvious ways.

While I think all of the main pieces are commendable, the highlights for me are in the details and accessories -- namely the apron, ties, scarf, pocket square, and purse. Oh, and the coats.

PS -- This shade of plum flatters just about every skin tone, too. Huge, thoughtful plus.

I want to honor and celebrate this comment.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
They were wearing them at the Atlanta airport today (I wasn't on DL today). They're nice. The color is lovely.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
On social media, most people actually like the new uniforms, and I agree.

IllI admit, a first, I was hesitant about the purple. But seeing it on many FAs, it really does look like a good and modern color. In the lighting in most aircraft, the purple isn't really noticible , and it's definitely not unprofessional IMO.

The male FA uniforms look a lot more noticeable and unique than the old ones. And honestly, as long as they work and are safe, I don't really care about how they look. Good job Delta!
Old May 30, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Crew on my flight today had the new uniforms. I thought they looked great, better than the old ones, but I thought the purple didn’t fit in with the brand colors (I actually liked the purple more than Delta’s colors).
Old May 30, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Crew on my flight today had the new uniforms. I thought they looked great, better than the old ones, but I thought the purple didnt fit in with the brand colors (I actually liked the purple more than Deltas colors).
-------
I agree - they clash with the aircraft interiors (blue seats).
Old May 30, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP
The FA's that are posting on Instagram (typically, the younger set) seem to really like the new uniforms.

I must say, they did a great job getting everyone sized into well fitting uniforms, and they've provided a great variety while tying them all together so you know they all work for Delta (contrast that with the old US Airways uniforms where you could have a widebody crew that could have been 8 people off the street, all in different pieces that had nothing in common).

I wasn't sure if I'd like the purple, and I haven't seen them in uniform yet, but the pictures look really good.
Old May 30, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingNone
-------
I agree - they clash with the aircraft interiors (blue seats).

Purple and blue are not clashing colors. Purple is derived from blue & red, and the contrast is naturally interesting. Purple with red and blue catches the eye, and makes one pause for a moment. That's a good thing.

Let us all get beyond the office that is decorated with grey and chrome furniture with one horrid inspirational poster on the wall that has one inane word on it ( such as "TEAMWORK" or "OPPORTUNITY") plus a photograph of water that is overly enriched with color.

wrp96 likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Accor Platinum
Wow so many comments, because of new uniforms
Old May 31, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL DM and 1.5 MM, UA GM, HH DM
Originally Posted by BenA
These still look awful and off brand; it doesnt look like they made as many modifications after the trial runs as the employees had been asking for. The male uniforms in particular still look like theyre designed for an 1800s elevator attendant, not a modern and fresh thinking global airline...
Considering Delta IS the brand, I think they would know best what is and what is not ON Brand for them. Personally I think they are a nice upgrade and look good. They will not look good on every Delta associate, like suits do not look great on every man (or woman)
jdrtravel likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Asiaflyguy
Considering Delta IS the brand, I think they would know best what is and what is not ON Brand for them.
To be fair, the design work was done by Zac Posen, not by Delta themselves. We don't know the terms of the contract, but it's entirely possible that with a celebrity designer, Delta was required to cede some level of creative control over the finished product.
Old May 31, 2018, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by BenA
To be fair, the design work was done by Zac Posen, not by Delta themselves. We don't know the terms of the contract, but it's entirely possible that with a celebrity designer, Delta was required to cede some level of creative control over the finished product.
Anything is possible, but I'd put the probability that Zac Posen dictated the design to that degree to be less than 0.0000001%.
jinglish likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.