Wiki Posts
Search

New Uniforms?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Who does Delta think they are?!

I personally LOVE the Star Trek connection and think it is brilliant and intentional.
Old May 28, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I think it's kinda pretty!
Old May 28, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Getting to the space: the final frontier will apparently still require a terrestrial connection in Atlanta?
jdrtravel likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:49 am

The new uniforms were in the safety video for a flight I had Sunday. They did the video with a history of uniforms. There were some from the 60's and 70's that were pretty sweet, although I'm sure not very practical. I haven't flown mainline in a while, but I presume it was pretty new since some of the FAs were actually watching it over passengers shoulders.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
I don't know why they insist on fixing what's not broken. This 3 years and countless of money should be better spent on cabin refurb and new aircraft.

The crew went from looking awesome to dread with the new "Barney Purple"!

Delta was constantly bashing the ME3 airlines but then why copy the color and style of Etihad Airways uniform?!?!
hockeystl and readywhenyouare like this.
Old May 29, 2018, 5:26 am

Hideous Uniforms.

Hereafter I'll only provide opinions on burial urns.

Last edited by MaritimeBarrister; May 29, 2018 at 7:00 am Reason: Apparently elderly workers don't matter
Old May 29, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/3.4 MM, DLAmex Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by davetravels
There ya' go, jrkmsp.

What's up with the guy in the middle in jeans?

Guy on the left needs to find a tailor.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MaritimeBarrister
Three million miler here had the opportunity to view the new uniforms this morning. They had one of the best looking uniforms before but now have a classless clown outfit that is FAR below the standards of Delta. The colors and style are hideous!

I had had the opportunity to speak to two flight attendants and they both hate it. One individual was a 65 year old gentleman who said that he was totally emberassed wearing an outfit styled for a 20 year old. In my opinion he looked ridiculous and I felt sorry for him.
I don't see any 20-year-olds in the pic in post #8 . Median age looks to be between 35 and 40. That's about right.

You and that FA need to recognize that the only things styled for 65-year-olds are 2005 Cadillacs and burial urns.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by 3Cforme

You and that FA need to recognize that the only things styled for 65-year-olds are 2005 Cadillacs and burial urns.
Though there is that rather cheesy ‘when I’m an old lady I shall wear purple’ poem now stuck in my head. And retailers like Chico’s, J Jill, and Talbots do well in that age band with women who want comfortable, age appropriate, and some sense of style.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:28 am

Your comment is outrageous. Burial urns? So older workers are inconsequential in the American workforce?
Old May 29, 2018, 6:30 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Your comment is outrageous. Burial urns? So older workers are inconsequential in the American workforce?
That's a really bad-faith reading of that post.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:30 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Anyway, I can't imagine why any passenger would get up in arms about new uniforms. Seems like some people just look for things to get outraged about.
jdrtravel and ryanm like this.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
MSP media are saying that the new uniforms will be revealed at a tarmac/runway fashion show today (in 95 degree weather with the heat index probably around 105-110, and maybe showers). They're also showing new uniforms for baggage handlers, etc. The models for those uniforms are priceless.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:49 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I had had the opportunity to speak to two flight attendants and they both hate it. One individual was a 60 to 70 year old gentleman who said that he was totally embarrassed wearing an outfit styled for a teenager. In my opinion he looked ridiculous and I felt sorry for him.
Ridiculous?!?!?

Ridiculous comment, I'd say. The women's outfits are very purply, but, the men's appear to be, basically, a grey suit with a purpleish tie. That's it! Am I missing something?!?

And besides, it's not purple. it's . . . .

"Passport Plum!"

jdrtravel and ryanm like this.
Old May 29, 2018, 7:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
TONS of photos up on the Delta Flickr page now: https://www.flickr.com/photos/deltanewshub/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.