Temporary FLL SkyClub

Old Jun 25, 18, 1:35 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by El Miameño View Post
I’m sorry, but this temporary solution is not acceptable for two more years. It is truly a race to the bottom.
What would be acceptable, IYO? Do you expect delta to bend space and time?
Old Jun 25, 18, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by El Miameño View Post
I’m sorry, but this temporary solution is not acceptable for two more years. It is truly a race to the bottom.
It isn't Delta's construction, it is FLL's. Considering the alternative, I'd say Delta is handling this better than anyone could possibly expect. I imagine most airlines would just close it down and wait until construction is completed rather than offer a temporary option.

I wish there was another option as FLL is my home airport but it is what it is.
Old Aug 17, 18, 11:02 am

I'm due to fly out of Fort Lauderdale in March 2019 as part of a Delta International Business Class Flight to London via Atlanta. I will reach the Airport by 11.00am but flight not departing until 5.00pm. Will there be a check in desk open to enable us to proceed to lounge instead of hanging around?

Last edited by gordiegem; Aug 17, 18 at 11:14 am Reason: mistake
Old Aug 17, 18, 11:18 am

Programs: 2018: Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Joshua C View Post
FLL Terminal 2 is the worst. No seating when busy and awful concessions.

agreed....I do work in Boca Raton fairly frequently, and with the SC out of service there’s really no redeeming quality to FLL over PBI....glad they are renovating T2 with an eye towards better concessions because it is much needed

hopefully they have a plan for a better process for transfers to the rental car center as well
Old Aug 17, 18, 8:52 pm

I was in the FLL temporary SC last week and the cookies I had there were outstanding. I took a bunch in a SBux cup and thoroughly enjoyed them. Never seen similar cookies in any other SC.
Old Aug 17, 18, 10:43 pm

Programs: Delta PM/2.8 MM; Hertz PC; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Rewards Silver
Originally Posted by gordiegem View Post
I'm due to fly out of Fort Lauderdale in March 2019 as part of a Delta International Business Class Flight to London via Atlanta. I will reach the Airport by 11.00am but flight not departing until 5.00pm. Will there be a check in desk open to enable us to proceed to lounge instead of hanging around?
Delta has by my count 13 non-stops from FLL to ATL on weekdays, commencing at 0540. Its check-in desks are open all day. I think you can check your luggage at FLL 6 hours in advance of your flight.
gordiegem likes this.
Old Aug 18, 18, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by dafunk10 View Post
hopefully they have a plan for a better process for transfers to the rental car center as well
The FLL Master Plan includes a landside People Mover connecting all terminals, the rental car center, and the proposed intermodal center. Here's an overview of one of the two final concepts. This one has a satellite concourse to the west of Terminal 3.

A video and link to the pdf which has high-resolution diagrams of the different concepts can be found on the FLL Master Plan Update thread I created on the Destinations forum: FLL Master Plan Update

Last edited by writerguyfl; Aug 18, 18 at 2:01 am Reason: Fixed formatting.
Old Aug 18, 18, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle View Post
I was in the FLL temporary SC last week and the cookies I had there were outstanding. I took a bunch in a SBux cup and thoroughly enjoyed them. Never seen similar cookies in any other SC.
I really enjoy what they are doing at FLL while the SC is closed. I wish more airports featured an "express" SkyClub where you can just hop in, grab a coffee and a snack box in a carry bag and go. They were handing out snack boxes in a carry bag with a vanilla yogurt, granola and fruit that was delightful and a perfect light snack to take on a flight.

There are a lot of times I only have 10-15 minutes and don't want to go into a full fledged SC just to grab a coffee and a small plate of cheese to eat quickly. DL would be on to something if they offered a small express-type option with carry bags.
Old Aug 18, 18, 6:30 pm

I agree. Any time I am in a hurry and run into a SC and take anything with me to go I get the evil eyes from the desk. The current FLL setup is perfect for a quick care package to go.
Old Aug 18, 18, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA, AA
Out of curiosity I will be flying into and out of FLL in Oct. on a few days stay and was wondering how "admission" is into the temporary SC? Same as all other Sky Clubs? I am a GM(Amex Holder) and usually pay the $29 for a day pass when doing domestic; but for just some coffee and cookies I can get that elsewhere and save a few bucks. TIA.

Last edited by AeRoSpaceman; Aug 18, 18 at 7:26 pm Reason: Forgot to add Amex holder
Old Aug 18, 18, 7:27 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, DL-GM, QF-GLD, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Admission if anything will be more restrictive as it is a smaller space. If you are hoping for free admission, that isn't going to happen.
Old Aug 18, 18, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA, AA
Originally Posted by CPMaverick View Post
Admission if anything will be more restrictive as it is a smaller space. If you are hoping for free admission, that isn't going to happen.
Fair enough. Just didn't know if there was some kind of discounted rate as the service and options are limited. Thanks.
Old Aug 18, 18, 10:25 pm

Programs: DL
The biggest benefit of this renovation is that they are connecting Terminal 2 to Terminals 1 and 3 airside. T2 is so cramped and I like to walk around a bit before I get on a cramped plane. It will be nice to be able to wander over to the far superior T1.

I wish they would have temporarily relocated Delta to T4 and then knocked down and rebuilt T2 entirely, but FLL just doesn't have the gates.
Old Aug 19, 18, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman View Post
Out of curiosity I will be flying into and out of FLL in Oct. on a few days stay and was wondering how "admission" is into the temporary SC? Same as all other Sky Clubs? I am a GM(Amex Holder) and usually pay the $29 for a day pass when doing domestic; but for just some coffee and cookies I can get that elsewhere and save a few bucks. TIA.
My usual way of accessing the SC works, using my Amex Platinum. If you have another Amex and your usual access is paying the day pass fee, you'll probably still need to pay the fee for access, which I would not do. Go to Starbucks for a drink and a snack and save the ~$15 that remains when you're done. It wouldn't hurt to go by and ask though.
Old Aug 19, 18, 5:58 am

Admission to the temporary FLL SC is identical to other Sky Clubs. But there is no place to sit and maybe room for only 3-4 people to grab something to go.

Search this Thread