Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta JFK Mumbai service (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta JFK Mumbai service (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
So does the aircraft just sit at JFK from 6am until 8pm? Delta normally sends the aircraft somewhere else. DOn't think there is another 77L flight out of JFK. Anyone know what the plane will do?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Originally Posted by CaliguyNYC
So does the aircraft just sit at JFK from 6am until 8pm? Delta normally sends the aircraft somewhere else. DOn't think there is another 77L flight out of JFK. Anyone know what the plane will do?
DL can keep three frames to serve that route exclusively based at JFK.

Or, more likely, they will upgauge one of the LAX-JFK flights to the 7CB and rotate a frame from the China/Japan routes and the BOM route.

A quick search of ITA shows no 777 on the LAX-JFK route yet in February or April 2020
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by CaliguyNYC
I also didn't think there are any other 77L flights out of JFK. However, I was looking to book a BOM-JFK-ATL ticket and to my surprise, it's on a 77L all the way. So yes, at least on certain days of the week, there is a ~8:30 JFK-ATL and a ~17:00 ATL-JFK on the 77L. They may be using it to switch the aircraft with some of the 777s out of ATL.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:37 am

Wait, yes the 77L is rotating through ATL!

ITA Matrix confirms daily 777 roundtrip ATL-JFK
One daily flight runs 12/22/19 - 1/28/20 except on 12/27

Then the JFK-ATL 777 runs xMoWeFr beginning 1/29/20
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
Wait, yes the 77L is rotating through ATL!

ITA Matrix confirms daily 777 roundtrip ATL-JFK
One daily flight runs 12/22/19 - 1/28/20 except on 12/27
I saw this 77L on ATL-JFK Dec 26th, but didn't realize how it was connected to the new BOM route! I have been looking for return flights ATL-NYC after Christmas break. This flight showed up last week and at a pretty decent mileage redemption level so i grabbed it. I notice delta.com shows a big call out on the aircraft "new interior" in a red box. I got the UG to Comfort +. I thought this reconfigured 77L was going to be the new four class interior, but I don't see any option to purchase "premium select".
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by mridley2
I saw this 77L on ATL-JFK Dec 26th, but didn't realize how it was connected to the new BOM route! I have been looking for return flights ATL-NYC after Christmas break. This flight showed up last week and at a pretty decent mileage redemption level so i grabbed it. I notice delta.com shows a big call out on the aircraft "new interior" in a red box. I got the UG to Comfort +. I thought this reconfigured 77L was going to be the new four class interior, but I don't see any option to purchase "premium select".
I think the PS is marketed as C+ on this flight. I'm seeing 6 rows of seats in a 2-4-2 configuration being sold as C+ on these flights.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerWx
I think the PS is marketed as C+ on this flight. I'm seeing 6 rows of seats in a 2-4-2 configuration being sold as C+ on these flights.
Paid or upgraded C+ class on domestic refurbished widebodies get the PS hard product. However the cabin service will be domestic C+

The first few rows of Y will get the C+ hard product but same domestic Y service.

This is how it has been on the daily 7CB that has run ATL-LAX since May
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
It’s a good thing that the launch date is in December. United just suspended EWR-BOM due to concerns about flying through Iranian airspace.
jrkmsp and Intl359Widget like this.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Jun 21, 2019 at 5:24 am
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by WWads
It’s a good thing that the launch date is in December. United just suspended EWR-BOM due to concerns overlying Iranian airspace.
Based on the wording from UA this is a temporary situation but I would be somewhat concerned if Iranian and Pakistan tensions continued.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
And over the weekend, DL already chopped the flight down to 5X per week from daily starting in Feb 2020. Flight goes to X13 ex JFK. That daily service didnt last long.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
Anyone fly this yet?
Old Dec 25, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by arunhn
Anyone fly this yet?
I noticed a tweet by someone from our office the other day, but I would not put too much weight on his complaints. He does not do a great deal of international flights and there were no updates on what happened after his post on 12/23/19:

What a fail by @Delta. On the inaugural run of their Mumbai to New York City (JFK) route, not only has everything been slow and unorganized, no updates were ever provided either. 90 minutes later, we still haven’t left the gate. Disappointed...
Old Dec 25, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
I’m thinking of taking this flight early next year and would appreciate any feedback, especially on food service and lavatory cleanliness! Thanks.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM
I was on the inaugural JFK -> BOM, in Comfort Plus. I opted for the Indian food choices for dinner and breakfast, which were quite tasty. The lavs were as clean as ever. The flight left and arrived (a little) late, but was uneventful. The flight attendants seemed a little uncoordinated (pick-up from breakfast seemed very late in the flight; there didn't seem to be enough water services to keep hydrated). Other minor issues (e.g., not enough disembarkation cards). Arrival at Mumbai was to a quiet terminal, so immigration, baggage retrieval, and leaving the airport all went relatively smoothly. The flight path was really different, great-circle to Europe then sort of zig-zagging down the coast of Italy, across the Mediterranean, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and then the Arabian Sea https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f.../dl24#2348643b -- I think the pilots might have had to do some flying!

I tried to use a GUC on this route, but was something like 8 or 9 of 15-20 for 2...

It wasn't surprising to me that the return flight was late, with the late incoming flight and first-time issues; looks like it left at about 2:40 in the morning, rather than about 1.
bsagator and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 4:11 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by speede racer
I was on the inaugural JFK -> BOM, in Comfort Plus. I opted for the Indian food choices for dinner and breakfast, which were quite tasty. The lavs were as clean as ever. The flight left and arrived (a little) late, but was uneventful. The flight attendants seemed a little uncoordinated (pick-up from breakfast seemed very late in the flight; there didn't seem to be enough water services to keep hydrated). Other minor issues (e.g., not enough disembarkation cards). Arrival at Mumbai was to a quiet terminal, so immigration, baggage retrieval, and leaving the airport all went relatively smoothly. The flight path was really different, great-circle to Europe then sort of zig-zagging down the coast of Italy, across the Mediterranean, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and then the Arabian Sea https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f.../dl24#2348643b -- I think the pilots might have had to do some flying!

I tried to use a GUC on this route, but was something like 8 or 9 of 15-20 for 2...

It wasn't surprising to me that the return flight was late, with the late incoming flight and first-time issues; looks like it left at about 2:40 in the morning, rather than about 1.
Avoiding Iran. Looking at today's BOM-JFK it took a zig over Pakistan and a zag to fly over Afghanistan to avoid Iran.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.