Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta JFK Mumbai service (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta JFK Mumbai service (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL DM
I'm booked on this flight for March 1st, in D1 as my guc went through at booking. Flying back on AF in J.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:44 am
zso

Delta JFK-BOM-JFK

Hello,
Does Premium Select cabin get separate lavs from Main Economy on this flight?
(They are not separate on flights to Asia Pacific out of DTW, but just hoping that is the case here).

Also, anyone know who is catering the Indian food on JFK-BOM?
(Delta flights to ICN/NRT/PVG/PEK out of DTW are catered by Korean restaurant Bi Bim Bab in South East Michigan).

Thank you.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by zso
Delta JFK-BOM-JFK

Hello,
Does Premium Select cabin get separate lavs from Main Economy on this flight?
(They are not separate on flights to Asia Pacific out of DTW, but just hoping that is the case here).

Also, anyone know who is catering the Indian food on JFK-BOM?
(Delta flights to ICN/NRT/PVG/PEK out of DTW are catered by Korean restaurant Bi Bim Bab in South East Michigan).

Thank you.
No DL doesn't give PS separate lavs. They use same as coach.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:31 am
zso

Originally Posted by flyerCO
No DL doesn't give PS separate lavs. They use same as coach.
Yes.
Will need to see how the lavs hold up for 15-16 hours.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by TTT
Avoiding Iran. Looking at today's BOM-JFK it took a zig over Pakistan and a zag to fly over Afghanistan to avoid Iran.
US airlines must be very glad now about their decision to avoid Iranian airspace.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM
Originally Posted by zso
Yes.
Will need to see how the lavs hold up for 15-16 hours.
The lavs on my flight were at the front of the Premium Select cabin, with the PS / Delta 1 curtain forward of the lavatories and of the galley area used to serve the PS cabin, and the cabin separated by a partition (but not curtain) from the main cabin. As a consequence use is primarily by Premium Select customers. At the end of a recent BOM - JFK flight the lavs were very serviceable.

Last edited by speede racer; Jan 11, 2020 at 12:26 pm
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by speede racer
The lavs are at the front of the Premium Select cabin, and the cabin is separated by a partition (but not curtain) from the main cabin. As a consequence use is primarily by Premium Select customers. At the end of a recent BOM - JFK flight the lavs were very serviceable.
The lavs at the front of PS by door 2 have been designated as D1 only on the flights I was on. They were actively telling PS passengers they had to use one in coach.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:05 am

Can someone explain why ppl are worried about the lavs being serviceable on the BOM flight? This will be my first ever trip to India...
Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bsagator
Can someone explain why ppl are worried about the lavs being serviceable on the BOM flight? This will be my first ever trip to India...
There's zero reason. I think the real concern was how many lavs are assigned each cabin. (PS specifically)

If on the very off chance one did break, they would allow passengers to use lavs in another cabin if needed.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:55 am

Me and my daughter flew in Delta One suite on Dec 24 from JFK - BOM and absolutely loved it. All services were 5 stars..
Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The lavs at the front of PS by door 2 have been designated as D1 only on the flights I was on. They were actively telling PS passengers they had to use one in coach.
Every flight I have taken on PS-equipped 777's and 359's, the PS passengers used the lav's at the front of the PS cabin.

There is not even a red/green lavatory indicator in the D1 cabin that reflects the availability of the lavs behind D1 (front of PS). I'm not going to walk back there from row 6 of D1 if I am not sure one is free. On NRT-ATL in the last row of D1, I saw PS people using those lavs and could not even see through the curtain at the back of D1 enough to see if the lavs right behind me were free.

Maybe when D1 spilled into the middle cabin on the pre-refurb 777's, those lavs were in D1. Now they are in the PS cabin.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Me and my daughter flew in Delta One suite on Dec 24 from JFK - BOM and absolutely loved it. All services were 5 stars..
what seats did you folks choose and what seats would you advise a family of 4 (two toddlers) to sit in

thx
Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM
Originally Posted by bsagator
I didn't ask the original question but one possibility is the long flight and passenger / lav ratio. A second possibility is that, back in the day and from my experience as a very budget traveller (e.g., in the mid 80's on my first trip to India), squat toilets were the norm, and many travelers were on their first plane trip / travel outside the country. At the end of the flight from DEL to AMS the toilets were a total mess. This wasn't my experience at all on my most recent trip (we didn't encounter any squat toilets; we also weren't budget (or five star) travelers); the expansion of the Indian middle class and of domestic tourism means that compatriots on the plane (and fellow travelers on the ground) were fully versed in western toilet practice -- as a westerner I felt totally obnoxious, eating meat, drinking alcohol, and generally occupying too much space.
hhdl likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by sam007
what seats did you folks choose and what seats would you advise a family of 4 (two toddlers) to sit in

thx
I think 4E and 4L.. center section next to each other. I would advice you get them and also get windows on either sides so all 4 are in same row.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
Every flight I have taken on PS-equipped 777's and 359's, the PS passengers used the lav's at the front of the PS cabin.

There is not even a red/green lavatory indicator in the D1 cabin that reflects the availability of the lavs behind D1 (front of PS). I'm not going to walk back there from row 6 of D1 if I am not sure one is free. On NRT-ATL in the last row of D1, I saw PS people using those lavs and could not even see through the curtain at the back of D1 enough to see if the lavs right behind me were free.

Maybe when D1 spilled into the middle cabin on the pre-refurb 777's, those lavs were in D1. Now they are in the PS cabin.
Also, I'm pretty sure it's an FAA regulation that passengers have to use lavs in their respective cabins on US-bound flights. So, D1 pax would be forced to only use the lavs at the front of the cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.