Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMS lounges

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yotel is not pre security. It's post security in the international side of airport. Provided link even says airside. It's right above the "border" crossing between sides of airport.

OP can use PP to access the Aspire lounge for free if OP already has PP. No need for Yotel.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:54 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Yes, the Aspire Lounge in the non-Schengen area, where you will arrive if coming from the states, has showers, it's lounge #41. It is a decent lounge that accepts PP and I have used it as an arrivals lounge, though I did not use the showers. Note that, at least according to the PP website, the other Aspire lounge does not have a shower. They also note that there may be a charge for the showers.
I have been turned away trying to use Aspire as an arrival lounge with PP. YMMV.
Old May 24, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yotel is not pre security. It's post security in the international side of airport. Provided link even says airside. It's right above the "border" crossing between sides of airport.
Err, right. Sorry - I meant that it was before customs/passport control upon arrival. I'll edit my post.
Old May 24, 2018, 5:09 am

There are some little-known free showers in the mens toilets (I wouldn't know about the ladies) nearest the security check for arrivals from 'non-secure' airports, just along the corridor from the Crown Lounge. You'd need to provide your own toiletries and towel, and obviously there's no free food&bev, but it's an option.

(I haven't actually used them myself, but I've seen them there when visiting that toilet on the way to the lounge.)
Old May 24, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
Originally Posted by Weean
...and obviously there's no free food&bev,....
What was that, then?
Old May 24, 2018, 7:43 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
I don't understand the lounge talk at AMS.

If one is arriving and desires and arrival lounge it implies to me that they are ending their trip in AMS and just want to freshen up etc. If one has checked baggage to claim don't you have to go through immigration and then claim your bag before using a lounge? If so how do you get through securiity with bags and no onward BP? Or is the lounge on the street side and immediately available once you have claimed your luggage?
Old May 24, 2018, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
I don't understand the lounge talk at AMS.

If one is arriving and desires and arrival lounge it implies to me that they are ending their trip in AMS and just want to freshen up etc. If one has checked baggage to claim don't you have to go through immigration and then claim your bag before using a lounge
No, the lounges are of course airside and at AMS you deplane directly into the non-Schagen area, not into a customs area like you would at many airports. This is because you are able to connect to other flights in AMS without going through customs if you are connecting to a flight that is outside of the Schagen. You have to go through customs before exiting that area, but you are able to access lounges first. Also, luggage takes forever to arrive at AMS so one could easily use a lounge for 30 minutes before going to collect luggage without a problem.
Old May 25, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: Delta GM; FB Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC; National EE
You're allowed to use the KL lounge on arrival if you're coming in on a KL flight in business class. If you're coming in on a DL flight or in economy, you won't be allowed in.

As mentioned, the Aspire lounge (#41 ) is an option, using your Priority Pass, but you will also need a boarding pass for a flight leaving from AMS to a non-schengen destination when checking in to the lounge. The only option that I can think of would be to buy something refundable and cancel that afterwards or get someone else to guest you in. I leave you to decide on the ethics of option #1 . If you choose an outbound flight on a Skyteam carrier you would also have the option to go to the KLM lounge (either as elite+ or if you book a business class fare).

Keep in mind that you will need to reclear security if your incoming flight originates outside of the EU or USA. If your incoming flight originates within the Schengen region you will need to go through immigrations (exiting the EU) to get to lounge #41 . When leaving the departures area for baggage claim you will then pass immigrations again to re-enter the EU.

Also, going to the lounge on arrival and spending some time there will probably lead to your checked luggage waiting on the claim carroussel for a long time.
Old May 25, 2018, 9:31 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
You're allowed to use the KL lounge on arrival if you're coming in on a KL flight in business class. If you're coming in on a DL flight or in economy, you won't be allowed in.
OK, but what about Delta D1 passengers arriving?

or

Delta Skyclub card holders?
Old May 25, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES

or

Delta Skyclub card holders?
AFAIK DL doesn't pay AF/KLM for this, so no access.
Old May 25, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Lounge access for Delta One is a departure and connecting-airport benefit, not for the arriving airport.

(4) All First and Business Class customers traveling on, or connecting to/from, a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam Member airline have access. Access provided only at departure and transfer airports and not on arrival.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...efits.html#stb

The SkyClub access guide notes that AMS lounges - even for SkyClub members - are for departing passengers only.
Old May 25, 2018, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by roelb

As mentioned, the Aspire lounge (#41 ) is an option, using your Priority Pass, but you will also need a boarding pass for a flight leaving from AMS to a non-schengen destination when checking in to the lounge.

Is this a new rule or just inconsistently enforced?
Old May 26, 2018, 5:32 pm
Suspended

As mentioned, the Aspire lounge (#41 ) is an option, using your Priority Pass, but you will also need a boarding pass for a flight leaving from AMS to a non-schengen destination when checking in to the lounge. T
i would disagree with this statement as I have accessed other Aspire lounges in Europe with just an arriving boarding pass and was allowed access no questions asked. Is this something specific to AMS?
Old May 26, 2018, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Absoludichris
i would disagree with this statement as I have accessed other Aspire lounges in Europe with just an arriving boarding pass and was allowed access no questions asked. Is this something specific to AMS?

So have I, in AMS.
Old May 26, 2018, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

As mentioned, the Aspire lounge (#41 ) is an option, using your Priority Pass, but you will also need a boarding pass for a flight leaving from AMS to a non-schengen destination when checking in to the lounge. The only option that I can think of would be to buy something refundable and cancel that afterwards or get someone else to guest you in. I leave you to decide on the ethics of option #1 . If you choose an outbound flight on a Skyteam carrier you would also have the option to go to the KLM lounge (either as elite+ or if you book a business class fare).

Keep in mind that you will need to reclear security if your incoming flight originates outside of the EU or USA. If your incoming flight originates within the Schengen region you will need to go through immigrations (exiting the EU) to get to lounge #41 . When leaving the departures area for baggage claim you will then pass immigrations again to re-enter the EU.

Also, going to the lounge on arrival and spending some time there will probably lead to your checked luggage waiting on the claim carroussel for a long time.
Flights from Canada and Montenegro also allow skipping the need to do security again..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.