Wiki Posts
Search

Changing FF details mid itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Changing FF details mid itinerary

I think I screwed up badly. I bought a business class ticket from Sydney to Seattle on Delta.com which automatically pre-enters my log in details which includes my Skymiles number. I am now in Seatle and I realised that my itinerary has my Delta Skymiles number connected to it and not my Virgin Atlantic number. The difference in mileage earning is considerable as Virgin Atlantic earns me 400% on paid business as compared to Delta's 5 miles per USD.

i called Delta and the agent informed me they cannot change FF details mid itinerary (only before).

Am I able to change my FF details at check-in upon check-in for my return to Sydney? I am hoping to be able to at least credit my return portion to Virgin Atlantic.

Last edited by davistev; Jul 5, 2018 at 4:01 pm Reason: Sp
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not all business class fares earn 400%. DL I/Z business fares earn 200%.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by LBJ
Not all business class fares earn 400%. DL I/Z business fares earn 200%.
how about answering the OP’s question rather than pointing out an inaccuracy? granted the answer probably isn’t what OP wants to hear, but the pedantic and condescending poke in the eye is totally unnecessary
CPMaverick and AceReport like this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jrl767

how about answering the OP’s question rather than pointing out an inaccuracy? granted the answer probably isn’t what OP wants to hear, but the pedantic and condescending poke in the eye is totally unnecessary
I think LBJ provided valuable info. Moreover, DL already answered the OP's question - no change mid itinerary - and the return portion of a roundtrip is also mid itinerary. OP just didn't like DL's answer
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
I am on a "D" class fare = 400%.

I guess I am SOL. An expensive lesson to learn from. I was just hoping that the check in staff would be able to change my upcoming flights to Virgin Atlantic.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davistev
I am on a "D" class fare = 400%.

I guess I am SOL. An expensive lesson to learn from. I was just hoping that the check in staff would be able to change my upcoming flights to Virgin Atlantic.
If they use DL software, no. It's a limitation DL imposes.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:33 pm

I did not realize you can not just change mileage number during check-in, Delta IT continues to impresss.

Can you ask SkyMiles to remove posting and submit missing miles request to Virgin?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AntonS
I did not realize you can not just change mileage number during check-in, Delta IT continues to impresss.

Can you ask SkyMiles to remove posting and submit missing miles request to Virgin?
No. There'd be no reason to impose the IT limitation otherwise. Note it's an imposed restriction, not bad IT.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I am guessing this is all on DL metal. But if the LAX-SYD portion happens to be on VA, you can change your FF# on their leg.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
No. There'd be no reason to impose the IT limitation otherwise. Note it's an imposed restriction, not bad IT.
I concur. It is intentional by DL. You can change FFP before your initial departure. DL system won't allow changes after then. I have had helpful DL agents tried many times and even showed me how DL system rejected changes. There is no way unless your flight check in is not tied to DL system which includes AF/KL operated flights. It may work if OP can change to VA operated flights.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AntonS
...Can you ask SkyMiles to remove posting and submit missing miles request to Virgin?
You can try for exception but it is against program rules.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
If information is incorrect, it's always worth pointing out because people might read it and assume it's true.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It's a rule Delta has had for at least 20 years. It is a choice. Nearly ten years ago Delta chose to use the mileage credit engine of NW Worldperks when they merged programs. The old Delta rule stayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.