Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on how to change a flight???

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by TheHorta
With many Main Cabin fares often within $20-50 of BE, I often wonder why anyone would book BE -- especially SO far in advance. I can understand same-day, or next day, where changes are unlikely, but MONTHS? To save... what?

Sorry, OP. I know this doesn't help you, but it's just a rant as we see this all-to frequently.

BE defaults must be a HUGE revenue stream for DL.
There is one situation where BE makes sense for me. Short confirmed trips (1-2 days) with segments on regional jets only.

If I'm on regional jet I'm getting either an aisle or window, so don't care about seat assignment and I'm waiting to board until the very end because less time on a regional jet the better. It's a short trip so I'm bringing barely anything as it is. The days I'm travelling are confirmed with short of a medical emergency aren't going to change (in this case it was apartment hunting in a large city). My bag is going to be valet tagged either way. The chance for an upgrade to a "first class" seat is meaningless since I'll still be 10+ for 0 on the list. Why pay an additional $20 for a main cabin fare that gives no benefit?

Plus when the regional jet inevitably goes mechanical (as happened on both the outbound & return), I get rerouted on a nicer mainline via MSP instead of DTW, and politely requesting a seat from the terminal CS agents gets me an aisle or window on the now mainline segments.
TheHorta likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TheHorta
BE defaults must be a HUGE revenue stream for DL.
You don't know that. Nobody outside of Delta knows that.

I can say that in forty years of air travel across six continents, the number of personal itins I have abandoned can be counted on the fingers of two hands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.