Search

DELTA SKYPriority in JFK T4 or T2?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KF, FB, HH, AA
DELTA SKYPriority in JFK T4 or T2?

Hello guys/gal,

Just want to ask some advise and in site on my upcoming flight from JFK to SYR on a CRJ900. I am traveling on FC with 2 checked luggage + 1 backpack. With FC I do get Skypriority right? Which would be least terminal to check in? Flight leaves at 9:45am, would it be best to use t4 or am I able to check in at t2 and take the jitney to T4?
Old May 20, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jacobus
Hello guys/gal,

Just want to ask some advise and in site on my upcoming flight from JFK to SYR on a CRJ900. I am traveling on FC with 2 checked luggage + 1 backpack. With FC I do get Skypriority right? Which would be least terminal to check in? Flight leaves at 9:45am, would it be best to use t4 or am I able to check in at t2 and take the jitney to T4?

Yes, you can use Sky Priority check in & security. Sky Priority check in is available at both terminals, best thing is to check in at the terminal you are flying out of. Check your flight status morning of departure to confirm.
Old May 20, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Hello guys/gal,

I would check in at T2. Almost all CRJ flights depart from T4 high B gates and with the long lines at security in T4 as well as the long walk to the RJ gates, It’s easier to just clear security at T2 and take the bus to T4 as it will drop you off right by the RJ gates of T4.
setman and Analise like this.
Old May 20, 2018, 11:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
T2, regardless whether your flight departs T2 or 4. (And this is what the DL agents at JFK will tell you, too.) T4 security is horrific.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:36 am
Original Poster

I can though check in my luggage in t2 right?
Old May 21, 2018, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
T2, regardless whether your flight departs T2 or 4. (And this is what the DL agents at JFK will tell you, too.) T4 security is horrific.
This is what I do on JFK-LAX flights. Also, T2 has CLEAR, T4 does not.
Old May 21, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I can though check in my luggage in t2 right?
Yes.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
I agree. T2. You'll breeze through security and checkin. Take the bus if necessary for T4 gates.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
If you're taking AirTrain, it may be less annoying to check in at T4 than T2, depending on the weather. T2 requires an outdoor walk, and a couple of flights of stairs. T4 is indoors and has an escalator and elevator, though overall walking is probably about the same. OTOH if arriving by car it's a shorter walk from the door to the check-in desks at T2.

Weather aside, I'd just check in at whichever terminal your flight operates from (probably T4). One less thing to worry about. At that time of day the security wait time difference is maybe 5 minutes, which is basically offset by the bus transfer.
manacit likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL; SPG; Marriott
T2 All Day Every Day

With the possible exception of a torrential rain storm when arriving via Air Train, in which case there would likely be no aircraft movement, there is never a reason to deal with T4 at JFK.

if you’re flying on an RJ from JFK to SYR, clear security at T2 and take the JFK Jitney to the High-numbered B Gate stop. Just make not to take the JFK Jitney to B18.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much. So, T2 checkin it is.
Old May 24, 2018, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Another question though, I will also be having a flight from JFK to San Diego 2 weeks after my JFK to SYR. Is it still possible to check in at T2?
Old May 24, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: DL; SPG; Marriott
Check In at T2 for Any DL-Operated Flight

One can, and in my opinion pretty much always should, check in at Terminal 2 for any flight operated on Delta metal or by a regional affiliate such as Endeavor Air, Republic Airline, Skywest, etc. All flights from JFK to SAN are operated on mainline Delta metal. A flight from JFK to SAN is likely to operate from Terminal 2, in fact.

Delta refers to the gates in Terminal 2 as C gates, such as C64, and the gates in Terminal 4 as B Gates, such as B38. If your flight leaves from a lower-numbered B gate, such as B22, and you check in at Terminal 2, make sure to take the JFK Jitney shuttle bus to B18, the stop at the landside base of Terminal 4, rather than B55, the stop at the far airside end of Terminal 4. The opposite is true for any regional flight departing from Terminal 4, such as your JFK to SYR flight, as those flights invariably depart from the higher-numbered B gates at the far, airside end of Terminal 4.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Bumping this app again, with a twist to the original question: I am definitely flying out of the B gates, on a flight to Europe. I have TSA pre.

I do hear the “terminal 2 any day any time” advice, but still: Does it make sense to use security at terminal 2 in my case? I don’t need to go to the counter, I only have hand luggage and a mobile boarding pass. Just want to go through security as fast as possible and then head to the lounge. I don’t even mind longer walking, it’s just standing in line which I profoundly dislike.

Thanks
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
As someone who has never waited for more than 5 minutes for security at T4, yes, please tell everyone to go to T2.

Serious advice - checkin at the terminal where your flight departs.
jdrtravel and gagajm like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.