Totally Broken Ticket - special Dept?

Old May 20, 2018, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat
Totally Broken Ticket - special Dept?

I have a totally broken ticket that the agency, JV manual reissue, plat deak, intl desk, social media etc can’t change/reissue due to a extreme set of circumstances
(corp fare, award upgrade, invol exchange, etc)

Is there any department or person with authority to literally scrap the ticket and issue me a new one?
Old May 20, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Was the invol exchange due to an IROP? If so, can the ticket just be refunded?
Old May 20, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
OP, please share all of the details about the ticket that you can including fare class, the exact way that you got upgraded and what you mean by "invol exchange". Please also tell us what airline issued the ticket and what operating airline(s) you are flying on, and also the routes. Also explain exactly what you being told by the agents when you call--what is their reason for not being able to help you? What do they tell you to do?

Last edited by jdrtravel; May 20, 2018 at 5:01 pm
Old May 20, 2018, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - No such thing as a "broken ticket."

Please post the exact details.
indufan likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by silverforumsurf
I have a totally broken ticket that the agency, JV manual reissue, plat deak, intl desk, social media etc can’t change/reissue due to a extreme set of circumstances
(corp fare, award upgrade, invol exchange, etc)

Is there any department or person with authority to literally scrap the ticket and issue me a new one?
The international reissue desk can fix almost anything, given enough time and motivation.

You’re gonna need to get an agent - phone or social media - on your side and firmly advocate for what you want, and it may take a few tries to find someone creative enough to make it happen. In a similar situation (OAL IROPS rebooking, GUC upgrade, international), I got told that the most sensible fix was permissible but impossible technically twice before a third agent finally managed to make it happen.

It may help if you can be flexible on some of the details (you aren’t specific about your situation but the fix in my case involved making slightly different rebooking plans than the first set of flights we tried.)
Old May 20, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by BenA

The international reissue desk can fix almost anything, given enough time and motivation.

You’re gonna need to get an agent - phone or social media - on your side and firmly advocate for what you want, and it may take a few tries to find someone creative enough to make it happen. In a similar situation (OAL IROPS rebooking, GUC upgrade, international), I got told that the most sensible fix was permissible but impossible technically twice before a third agent finally managed to make it happen.

It may help if you can be flexible on some of the details (you aren’t specific about your situation but the fix in my case involved making slightly different rebooking plans than the first set of flights we tried.)

This might be the fix, but until we know more details we can't be sure. If OP shares more details it might become obvious that what OP wants is totally impossible, or it might become clear that it is certainly possible with the right agent.
Often1 likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
This might be the fix, but until we know more details we can't be sure. If OP shares more details it might become obvious that what OP wants is totally impossible, or it might become clear that it is certainly possible with the right agent.
Or asking the right way to trigger the appropriate pathway. If you need an IROP protection but you're asking for a re-issue they might not fully grasp what you're asking for. Or it may be a bulk ticket that does need to go to a special desk. I know OP said it was a corporate fare, but it doesn't mean the travel agency didn't book it as a bulk fare...as many have said, more details are required to give you better advice.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
If things are "totally broken" what needs to be done is to do a new ticket issue as an "even exchange" with things manually changed and pushed thorough. Global Ticketing Support can do that if inventory is available, and if not then Rev Mgmnt may need to be involved to open up the right inventory, as there are likely rules to avoid reissuing a ticket in a different fare class (e.g. if in upgrade J class then not to be rebooked in revenue J class).
Old May 24, 2018, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

This has been solved.
Yeah I just wanted to pay for basic change on non-upgraded, non-changed, flight but the problem was the system could not find the original ticket value due to the exchanges and also the taxes were messed up (wrong cities).

Exec customer service ended up manually finding and crediting ticket value towards new one-way ticket (priced as a rt leg) after about 36 hours of effort. (http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/delta-airlines/

They did not honor the GTS’s even exchange offer; gts left message they would reissue as even exchange if we switch one leg, called back to say sure, the next gts agent acknowledged the notes but refused to do anything.

The problem with just contacting GTS is that by the time the agentdid the research, found out system won’t let them do regular exchange, get initial approvals to reissue, agree it requires a manual new ticket, find out they can’t collect fare difference if tax calculation does not work, get approval to even exchange because they can’t collect, then they’d need to go off to do one last something before issuance (get a supervisor approval, rates desk, partner airline, cold feet etc.), and have to call you back (never do), inventory goes away or you get disconnected; then you’ll need to start all over with another agent because you could never get reconnected back to the prior agent to continue where you left off.

And each time, some random supervisor without context might tell agent naw and notate incorrect information on pnr that a future agent will blindly read or have to explcitly research and disprove, (despite CoC obviously requiring a changeable ticket to be changable irregardless of internal technical issues) so it just wasn’t workable without a consistent contact. Twitter was close a few times but then the twitter agent would switch mid-issue and it’d start all over even if you ask them to please read the prior messages.. eventually they just said we just can’t help.

Basically the system isn’t set up to handle issues that are complex enough to require reconnecting with the same agent. Basically the only dept that has the notion of case mgmt is exec support I think

Last edited by silverforumsurf; May 25, 2018 at 7:02 am
Old May 24, 2018, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
How did you break the ticket? Can someone succinctly rephrase this using fewer words?
Old May 24, 2018, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by LondonElite
How did you break the ticket? Can someone succinctly rephrase this using fewer words?
Only the OP. He hasn't given anywhere near enough detail.
Old May 24, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
This sounds like what was happening when it changed from 012/NW to 006/DL tickets and a routine schedule change necessitated reticket took, literally, half a day and half a dozen agents all working on it at once (in the end my phone battery died; called in the morning, went out for lunch and back, and still was on the line). Thankfully these types of issues are, in the last few years, more rare (though still there's some, like, with some SkyTeam airlines, confirmed O fare class silently downgrading to X at time of ticketing if there is one X flight among the O ones, without any notification to res agent or customer)

Most likely some res agent tried to do the customer a favor by doing something that they shouldn't, or not in the correct way, and that then made all else later so much more difficult.
Old May 24, 2018, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Based on his post history, sounds like OP was trying to upgrade some DL-coded/ticketed AF-operated flights with FB miles. I'm guessing he managed to get AF to process an upgrade even though they shouldn't have been touching the ticket and messed it up.
Old May 25, 2018, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Not sure it’s relevant anymore since i answered the question already that the department to contact for a broken ticket is exec customer service and I included a link.

No not DL stock or marketed.
Ticket history is listed in the first post but unlikely exact same circumstances apply to you, it’s more about what to do if your ticket is improperly issued somewhere along the way and need a fix beyond JV GTS.

*Corporate fare, agency issued ticket on AF/AZ metal and codes, AZ stock, premium economy
*FlyingBlue upgraded a AF coded, flight like they should have per policy; FB does not have a AF ticket stock requirement (unlike some airlines)
*AF later exchanged the upgraded segment for IRROPS to KLM and DL metal; did not recalc taxes (or fare) for new routing
*DL handles elite line and csr for US customers (me), the JV reissue desk is supposed to be able to handle AF/DL/KLM ticket reissues

Last edited by silverforumsurf; May 25, 2018 at 7:18 am
Old May 25, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
This isn't a Delta problem - it's an OP problem when he didn't go back to the ticketing agency.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.