Food on International Comfort+

Old May 18, 18, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Food on International Comfort+

Flying BOS-Dub overnight, Comfort+, depart 9:35 PM, arrive 8:45 AM. I see drinks are included but will there be any meal service, free or for a fee? Thanks
Old May 18, 18, 4:55 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Y/C+ will get a free meal on departure and likely some breakfast item on arrival. C+ will get the same food as the rest of coach.
Old May 18, 18, 5:59 am

Programs: DL/UA Silver, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton/Hyatt Diamond
Only benefit food wise is you get served earlier (good on short TATL) which means higher chance of getting first choice of food (salad tends to go fast for good reason) and drink (some liquor like Woodford can go fast).
Old May 18, 18, 6:49 am
pvn

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2018 Edition
Old May 18, 18, 6:50 am
pvn

Originally Posted by Duke787 View Post
Only benefit food wise is you get served earlier (good on short TATL) which means higher chance of getting first choice of food (salad tends to go fast for good reason) and drink (some liquor like Woodford can go fast).
Seems like if they run out of something on every flight they would adjust the catering numbers.
Old May 18, 18, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Or better yet, allow passengers to pre-order from the existing choices. Not suggesting Book the Cook sort of luxury, just that if there are three choices, why not let people pick and then cater enough of the choice. DL is expanding this somewhat in D1, but no reason not to make this broader as they already have to check for special meals.
Old May 18, 18, 8:09 am

Programs: DL DM MM (finally)
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
Seems like if they run out of something on every flight they would adjust the catering numbers.
That would make sense. Seriously, it would be in DL's interest to serve more chilled salads - fewer meals to heat up prior to service.

Although I try to avoid it, sometimes I have to travel in Y on TATL. I am usually at 3R (on 764 or 332/333) so I have extra legroom, but that also means that the salad option is long gone before the service reaches me. Unless I chat up the FA in advance and ask him/her to save me a salad, I am SOL. I have taken DOZENS of TATL flights in Y since the salad option was introduced, and I have yet to see, even once, the salads last beyond the front Y cabin. DL, are you listening?
Old May 18, 18, 9:26 am

Programs: DL/UA Silver, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton/Hyatt Diamond
You would think. Maybe the salads are more expensive to provision.

Originally Posted by ecaarch View Post
That would make sense. Seriously, it would be in DL's interest to serve more chilled salads - fewer meals to heat up prior to service.

Although I try to avoid it, sometimes I have to travel in Y on TATL. I am usually at 3R (on 764 or 332/333) so I have extra legroom, but that also means that the salad option is long gone before the service reaches me. Unless I chat up the FA in advance and ask him/her to save me a salad, I am SOL. I have taken DOZENS of TATL flights in Y since the salad option was introduced, and I have yet to see, even once, the salads last beyond the front Y cabin. DL, are you listening?
My experience mirrors yours -- they never last and it's a shame. They are consistently the best meal option in Y on TATL and by far the healthiest.
Old May 19, 18, 8:06 am
Original Poster

So helpful, thanks!
Old May 23, 18, 11:27 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ecaarch View Post
I am with you on the cold salads but if the Inflight Meals thread is at all representative there seems to be large numbers of people who don’t think that salads “count” for dinner.
Old May 23, 18, 11:53 am
pvn

Nobody will force them to eat one.
Old May 23, 18, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Nobody will force them to eat one.
Until they overcorrect and run out of the hot chicken and only have them left. 😉
Old May 23, 18, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL PM
It's the pasta that has to be avoided at all costs, though, not the salad or chicken.

I have heard FAs say that DL has gradually upped the salad count slightly. Clearly not enough. (And I have had luck once in chatting the FA at the exit row to get a salad). It does seem to be mostly, informally, a TATL C+ perk.

I also recommend mentioning salad shortages any time a DL survey comes one's way after a TATL. Even when it's a boarding and jetway survey. lol.
Old May 23, 18, 6:50 pm

Programs: HH-Gold, IHG-Plat, DL-DM
I'm thinking of bringing a collapsable cooler next time on my next flight to NRT. Buying some food at the airport and bring it onboard. The food choices are getting bad.
I wonder if anyone has tried this? LOL
puck021 likes this.
Old May 23, 18, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
Originally Posted by Eddie98 View Post
I'm thinking of bringing a collapsable cooler next time on my next flight to NRT. Buying some food at the airport and bring it onboard. The food choices are getting bad.
I wonder if anyone has tried this? LOL
How about a George Foreman grill? You can plug it in right at your seat!
puck021 and pvn like this.