Wiki Posts
Search

Outstanding Delta customer service

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-Million miler
Smile Outstanding Delta customer service

I had booked a nonrefundable flight to Lisbon couple of months back. Without realizing the date of departure, I had sent my passport to Tanzanian embassy for visa. Well, Lisbon departure date came and when I was packing for the trip the day before, I realized that I didn't have my passport! Too short a time to get the passport back (even if I convince the Consulate of my need) or to get a new one issued by US agency. I emailed the Hotel in Lisbon and they refunded my prepaid booking. I called Delta and they were gracious in allowing me the ticket amount for future travel. Prompt and very efficient service.
Do you have a Delta/travel story that ended pleasantly
Grouchy likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Did they, or will they, nail you with the $450 fee?

If if you get away scot-free after rebooking, then I’ll be truly impressed.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-Million miler
They waived the fee
TheHorta, jamiestr and live5 like this.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:08 am

Glad it worked out so well for you! I often find DL CSR's very accommodating when you take accountability for your mistake and ask politely for a favor...sometimes even going further than what was initially asked.

OTH I also find that DL CSR's will basically say No to everything if it sounds like you're trying to pull a fast one, start making demands, or blame the airline for what is clearly your mistake.
Old May 18, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by kop84
Glad it worked out so well for you! I often find DL CSR's very accommodating when you take accountability for your mistake and ask politely for a favor...sometimes even going further than what was initially asked.

OTH I also find that DL CSR's will basically say No to everything if it sounds like you're trying to pull a fast one, start making demands, or blame the airline for what is clearly your mistake.
And this is how it should be!! I get generally good results from customer service even from companies with notoriously bad customer service like Comcast because I'm always kind, never blame them, and make it clear to the agent that whatever my problem is isn't their fault. When you're nice to people, they want to help you!
Old May 18, 2018, 6:15 pm

I have had a 90%+ success rate on the phone over the years being respectful and pleasant and always calling them by their first name which I write down at the beginning of each call.
Old May 18, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Nice to hear, experienced somewhat similar in 2016.
Had apllied for a Chinese visum when suddenly the Chinese were adding all kind of additional requirements (2016 G20 Hangzhou summit) resulting in a way longer process time.
I also called Delta and the agent said; not your fault & allowed me to rebook the trip two weeks later. No change fees etc
Old May 19, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: Delta GM
Flying GRR-MSP-LAX (then driving to San Diego) between Christmas and new years last year. Delayed departure combined with weather at MSP caused us to misconnect.

Went to an assistance desk along with everybody else and the agent got us on to a later flight to LAX, but we would have missed the event that evening that was the whole point of the trip. Went to the SC to kill our now 4 hour layover.

Messing around on the app in the SC, I found space on an earlier flight to LAX and rebooked on that, as the earlier flight would allow us to still make our evening plans. When I saw the confirmation email come through, I realized that the earlier flight I rescheduled on was leaving the next day. Oops.

Up to the SC desk I trot, embarrassed. The Angel worked with me for 20-30 minutes, rebooking us on an even later flight to LAX as I had lost our seats on the original rebooked flight. She took the time to understand travel plans and kept looking for better options to open up. She eventually got us booked MSP-SAN that afternoon with plenty of time for us to spare. She could have easily said "well, I've got you on the next flight with space. Problem solved" and not continued to look for options that worked better for us. No JWDs for this FO, but I did send in a compliment via the online form.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.