Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Direct flight from LAX to MIA 80000 Miles one way?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta

Direct flight from LAX to MIA 80000 Miles one way? Is this good price? It is my first time flying first class and I want to try it out. I plan on flying next month.
Also, does it include any lounge access and any good perks
Old May 16, 2018, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by happyvoid
Direct flight from LAX to MIA 80000 Miles one way? Is this good price? It is my first time flying first class and I want to try it out. I plan on flying next month.
Also, does it include any lounge access and any good perks
Awful price. To put in perspective, my
MEX-CDG-AMS-JNB in Business class cost 90,000 miles
Old May 16, 2018, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

opps i made a mistake I actually meant 40000 miles, 80000 was for two people.
Old May 16, 2018, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
40k still sucks. What are paid F fares like for you? I have bought that fight for ~$400.

You will not get lounge access. Only standard perks of being in domestic F; early boarding, larger seat, free drinks, a mediocre meal. If you're on the 757, you'll board 2L and get to relish the feeling of taking the exclusive left upon boarding. That's kinda cool.
Old May 16, 2018, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

yea i think the paid price is about $550 right now. I need to go to miami for death of family so i was in a rush and I had some delta miles I wanted to use. It is hard to find really good deal with delta especially for direct flights too
I wanted to get a direct flight to mia but hard to find around that time and cheapest was 40k miles
Old May 16, 2018, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
$550 is still a fairly decent price for a cross-country in F. The value of miles is still poor at 40k/ea, but situations like yours are what miles are for if you're not willing/able to pay cash. If you are chasing DL status, the paid F would be worth it.

AA has a frequent 777 on that route, btw. Might want to check them out for a much better first time F experience.
Old May 16, 2018, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

yes good idea but i already booked the delta award flight. If i cancel the delta award flight would there be penalty?
Old May 16, 2018, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Wow I was going to change it on my returning flight and the price jumped up to 70000 to 100000 miles per person. Only this day it was cheap at 40000.
Old May 16, 2018, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tkey75
$550 is still a fairly decent price for a cross-country in F. The value of miles is still poor at 40k/ea, but situations like yours are what miles are for if you're not willing/able to pay cash. If you are chasing DL status, the paid F would be worth it.

AA has a frequent 777 on that route, btw. Might want to check them out for a much better first time F experience.
Thanks for info Have you heard of Aircraft: 772 ? I keep seeing that but was wondering what airline and if that is good or not for AA
Old May 16, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
Thanks for info Have you heard of Aircraft: 772 ? I keep seeing that but was wondering what airline and if that is good or not for AA
772 is the 777-200.
Old May 16, 2018, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I believe you can cancel if you are within 24 hours of purchase but you may not cancel if you are within 72 hours of departure
Old May 17, 2018, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Duke787
I believe you can cancel if you are within 24 hours of purchase but you may not cancel if you are within 72 hours of departure
You can still do the 24 hour free cancel if within the 72 hour window.
Old May 17, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
If I had to fly LAX-MIA last minute the first place I'd search is BA.com using Avios on AA metal. Saves the close-in ticketing fee...

For example, I just pulled up LAX-MIA nonstop this Friday and found availability for 12.5k and $5.60 in fees.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
As tkey75 noted, $550 is pretty good for F, but these days, 40K is perfectly acceptable. In fact, it's even better because you got F - it sounds like you may not be a Delta frequent flyer, so if you were to buy coach by miles or cash, you would also have to pay for your checked luggage, which is another $25 per person per segment, in F you save $50 each and get the higher weight limit of 70lb, too. Now, 70K miles is stupid, and if you cancel to change the times, you should pay the $550 and collect the miles. However, if you are outside the 24 hr cancellation window, changes are $150, except for DMs and PMs, who can redeposit their miles for free.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yes good idea but i already booked the delta award flight.
Then why did you start this thread? Just looking for validation or something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.