Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Premium Select and Delta One show same upgrade list

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

I purchased a ticket for DTW -> NRT several months ago. I immediately "bought up" into Premium Select and then applied a global upgrade cert hoping to move to Delta One. I am checked in for the flight and the upgrade list for Premium Select and Delta One are exactly the same--and I'm apparently on the list to upgrade into the cabin I'm already in. (see attached)

Two questions:
- Is this typical behavior? I haven't applied a cert on a plane with Premium Select.
- It was my understanding that upgrade priority into Delta One was based on fare such that someone already in Premium Select would be higher on the list than someone in Economy. Maybe everyone else on the list is also already in Premium Select and has the same problem I do--showing up on both lists simultaneously?

I called the Diamond line and the two agents I have talked to so far all told me that I was upgraded into Premium Select automatically for being a Diamond (mistaking for Comfort+).
Old May 15, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
Per Delta: "Upgrade Certificates will clear off the waitlist in order of Medallion Tier then the day and time your request was added to the list". It's not based on fare class unlike complementary upgrades.

I suspect when the agent waitlisted your GUC they accidentally applied it to both Premium Select and Delta One (despite you having already confirmed into PS). Not 100% certain as that does appear odd.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by langbr01
Per Delta: "Upgrade Certificates will clear off the waitlist in order of Medallion Tier then the day and time your request was added to the list".
I have been told by an excellent phone agent that the upgrade priority is like that prior to check-in, at which point it reverts to the usual priority. But hard to say when it's posting like it is.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Just curious why you would ''yellow line-out" your initials here? It's hardly a secret when everyone in the boarding area and those with the App or a laptop in the boarding area can see you on the list(s)! Weird! Do you really believe that anyone in the world can/could do anything with this information? I don't think so!
Old May 15, 2018, 1:24 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
For your own entry it shows more than just your initials, it shows your full name.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:37 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by audidudi
Just curious why you would ''yellow line-out" your initials here? It's hardly a secret when everyone in the boarding area and those with the App or a laptop in the boarding area can see you on the list(s)! Weird! Do you really believe that anyone in the world can/could do anything with this information? I don't think so!
If you pull the list up from your reservation your full name displays, not just the initials.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL DM
I had the same thing show when I was flying DTWNRT. I purchased Premium Select and was trying to apply a GUC to Delta One. I showed on both upgrade lists. In the end, I did not clear into Delta One and there was no upgrade certificate pulled as I had already purchased Premium Select.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bubbashow
I had the same thing show when I was flying DTWNRT. I purchased Premium Select and was trying to apply a GUC to Delta One. I showed on both upgrade lists. In the end, I did not clear into Delta One and there was no upgrade certificate pulled as I had already purchased Premium Select.
OK. So it sounds like this is a typical (albeit not very clear) behavior. Thanks all.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by pvn
For your own entry it shows more than just your initials, it shows your full name.
Yes you better be careful that someone on FT might find out your name and then do something with it! Give me a break!
Old May 15, 2018, 2:09 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes you better be careful that someone on FT might find out your name and then do something with it! Give me a break!
Huh? Do you regularly post your full name on random internet bulletin boards? If you do, that's not a very good idea...
Old May 15, 2018, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by TTT
Huh? Do you regularly post your full name on random internet bulletin boards? If you do, that's not a very good idea...
Audi made a mistake and instead of saying “whoops my bad” they are now doubling down on it to save face.
Old May 15, 2018, 2:19 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12

Audi made a mistake and instead of saying “whoops my bad” they are now doubling down on it to save face.
For all we know, Audi Audi is their full name too
Old May 15, 2018, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by chetdogleash
I purchased a ticket for DTW -> NRT several months ago. I immediately "bought up" into Premium Select and then applied a global upgrade cert hoping to move to Delta One. I am checked in for the flight and the upgrade list for Premium Select and Delta One are exactly the same--and I'm apparently on the list to upgrade into the cabin I'm already in. (see attached)

Two questions:
- Is this typical behavior? I haven't applied a cert on a plane with Premium Select.
- It was my understanding that upgrade priority into Delta One was based on fare such that someone already in Premium Select would be higher on the list than someone in Economy. Maybe everyone else on the list is also already in Premium Select and has the same problem I do--showing up on both lists simultaneously?

I called the Diamond line and the two agents I have talked to so far all told me that I was upgraded into Premium Select automatically for being a Diamond (mistaking for Comfort+).
Yea, I had something similar to this. Was booked in the main cabin and applied a GUC only for Delta One, specified that I didn't want Premium Select. My name appeared on the Premium Select list as well, but they automatically skipped over my name when processing those. Seems like a bug that they need to fix, but in practice it works correctly.
Old May 15, 2018, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 425
Yea, I had something similar to this. Was booked in the main cabin and applied a GUC only for Delta One, specified that I didn't want Premium Select. My name appeared on the Premium Select list as well, but they automatically skipped over my name when processing those. Seems like a bug that they need to fix, but in practice it works correctly.
Exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks!
Old May 15, 2018, 3:10 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I mean, I get it, I agree with you, it's not like posting your name on the internet is going to lead to instant financial ruin, just some people want to keep their online identity separate from their real identity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.