2 challenges within a year?

Old May 15, 2018, 7:21 am
Original Poster

2 challenges within a year?

So I just heard my friends did two challenges within a year...
apparently he created a new account, and used his flight records from another airline to request the challenge...

just wondering, has anyone ever done it?
will delta really go that deep to check your passport number? And I assume once they find out they will revoke your status right? What if they only found out 1+ years later and you have earned enough miles to qualify the next year (the normal way)?

thanks
Old May 15, 2018, 9:51 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Why did he do two challenges? Did he not meet the requirements of the first one, or wanted to go for a higher status the second time?

As for "What if they only found out 1+ years later and you have earned enough miles to qualify the next year (the normal way)?", well:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ram-rules.html

Delta reserves the right to deactivate or close an account under the following circumstances:

Fraudulent activity occurs.
[...]
It's the first thing they mention

So, good luck with that.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
This sounds fishy and very risky. If Delta did find out you can bet the would claw back everything and more likely then not, void his accounts regardless of how much hes flown since then.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.