P Fare Flight change

Old May 11, 18, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glob
P Fare Flight change

I have a P fare in First and am trying to change my flight online (as the hold time is over and hour and a half right now). The online change process only allows me to rebook into an F fare (which is obviously much more expensive); even though I can do a new flight search and see P fares available.

Any insight or suggestions?
Old May 11, 18, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
I would suggest the phone.
Old May 11, 18, 12:29 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Delta's online rebooking tool is notoriously difficult to use. Best bet is phone or Twitter, if you tweet.
Old May 11, 18, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. From a "policy" perspective, is it fair that I should be able to change a P fare flight reservation into another P fare reservation, but just be prepared to pay the $200 change fee + any fare difference?

I don't want to wait 90 minutes on hold to be told that I can't do that.
Old May 11, 18, 1:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Is it just one segment you are trying to change (of 2+) or is it just a simple one way? (E.g. lax-atl-mco vs lax-mco). Certain segments are married and cannot be changed without the other so while P may show on segment 1 of 2, P may not be available of the other and F is your only go to. Little more detail can help some more savvy folks here answer that question
Old May 11, 18, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by laxsnaogg View Post
Thank you. From a "policy" perspective, is it fair that I should be able to change a P fare flight reservation into another P fare reservation, but just be prepared to pay the $200 change fee + any fare difference?

I don't want to wait 90 minutes on hold to be told that I can't do that.
Is your flight today? A same day confirmed change generally allows you to move from any flight to any other flight that has a single seat in the F cabin for the $75 SDC fee. With more details, others will offer better suggestions for your situation.
Old May 11, 18, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

The flight is more than a month away. It's one way (OGG-LAX) and I am trying to change it to LAX-OGG. I'm certain its a P fare, and there is a P fare avail for the date I am looking at.

Thanks everyone.
Old May 11, 18, 3:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Starriott Ambassador, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by laxsnaogg View Post
The flight is more than a month away. It's one way (OGG-LAX) and I am trying to change it to LAX-OGG. I'm certain its a P fare, and there is a P fare avail for the date I am looking at.

Thanks everyone.
You will have to rebook at the current fare, apply the old ticket, and pay the change fee. The fact that it is booked in P really means nothing at the point. You are changing your entire trip. It would be no different than if you had a trip booked to New York and now you want to go to Seattle. You tear up the first trip and start over.
Old May 11, 18, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Robert Leach View Post
You will have to rebook at the current fare, apply the old ticket, and pay the change fee. The fact that it is booked in P really means nothing at the point. You are changing your entire trip. It would be no different than if you had a trip booked to New York and now you want to go to Seattle. You tear up the first trip and start over.
Agreed.

Are you able to cancel the trip online, get a credit voucher (or whatever they call it), and then book the new trip using that as payment (less the change fee)? That would seem to be easier, but I have no experience cancelling tickets online (after the 24 hour period).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: