Search

Dl 51 lhr-oak?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Dl 51 lhr-oak?

Did I miss the memo on this flight this summer? Does it stop in SLC? The option came up under a KLM search, and it doesn't indicate a stop.

Last edited by zrs70; May 8, 2018 at 7:11 pm
Old May 8, 2018, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If so, you have found a problem with KLM search. Delta.com notes this is a 767-300ER LHR-SLC and then an MD-90 SLC-OAK, all as flight #51 .
Old May 8, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Apparantly, even KLM is confused about the direct vs non-stop flight.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Is that really a direct flight though? I thought it had to be the same aircraft to be a direct flight?

Last edited by Weekend Away; May 8, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Old May 8, 2018, 8:59 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Weekend Away
Is that really a direct flight though? I thought it gaff to be the same aircraft to be a direct flight?
Although common sense would argue for that, the airlines are allowed to market it this way even though a change of plane is required.
Old May 8, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Just like dl128 lax sea pek
Originally Posted by Zorak
Although common sense would argue for that, the airlines are allowed to market it this way even though a change of plane is required.
Old May 8, 2018, 9:20 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Direct = same flight number, usually involves a plane change and stop somewhere = only get miles from departure city --> destination, not departure --> stopover city --> destination = marketing scam

Non-stop = no stops
zeebanker likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:40 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Weekend Away
I thought it had to be the same aircraft to be a direct flight?
Hahahahahahahaha!

ijgordon likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Direct = same flight number, usually involves a plane change and stop somewhere = only get miles from departure city --> destination, not departure --> stopover city --> destination = marketing scam

Non-stop = no stops
Not to mention that if you try to use your boarding pass to get into the Sky Club it confuses the system and they need to manually override it. Plus if you try and use a GUC it won’t clear unless there is availability on both segments, and they can’t split it and try for just the overwater portion. Had tons of fun with that DL129/129 a month or two so a go — although a bored driver took me out on the tarmac right after sunrise in their Porsche from the lounge, so that was fun.
NOLAnwGOLD and Weekend Away like this.
Old May 9, 2018, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I must be missing something. I did a bunch of searches on klm.com and the flight is never offered as an option. All the options listed on klm.com involve double-connects.
Old May 13, 2018, 9:21 pm

I have noticed that various European airlines use "direct" to mean non-stop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.