Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T4-T2 Jitney

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by manacit
As recently as a couple of months ago, I've been able to take the Jitney from T2 -> T4 without showing my BP. The agents have always asked, but I think it's been more to make sure that you're going to the right place, and not because it's a requirement. Last time I said that I just wanted some Shake Shack, and they were more than happy to oblige. I'm sure if you said you were going to the T4 SkyClub, wanted to go shopping in T4 or whatever, they wouldn't have a problem.

I always play these things safe, so I'd say 4:30 would be more warranted than 2:30, but I'd bet that there is realistically a slim chance of you missing it with the shorter layover. the BOS-JFK flights are padded to hell and back, and it's a really short time in the air.
This was my experience in March. They ask to see BP, but I just told them where I was going like I would a taxi and they waved me through. Definitely about making sure people don't get lost so you shouldn't have any issues assuming you act like you know what you are doing.
Old May 3, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I used the jitney today from T4 to T2 and it certainly seems like there's more enforcement, or at least the threat of enforcement. There are permanent signs at each of the bus entrances (this at the B20 jitney stop) saying that you will be asked for your boarding pass or airport ID to board the bus. I was asked where my gate was and said B61 and was allowed to board without showing my BP, although it was a relatively quiet time and the bus was waiting; had I been stuck in a line, I suspect I would have been required to actually show the pass. There was also someone in a SECURITY jacket standing near the line, although they didn't bother to do much. They took the ramp off of the bus before we left and then a person in a similar coat did the same thing at the T2 stop.
Old May 3, 2018, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by steveholt
I used the jitney today from T4 to T2 and it certainly seems like there's more enforcement, or at least the threat of enforcement. There are permanent signs at each of the bus entrances (this at the B20 jitney stop) saying that you will be asked for your boarding pass or airport ID to board the bus. I was asked where my gate was and said B61 and was allowed to board without showing my BP, although it was a relatively quiet time and the bus was waiting; had I been stuck in a line, I suspect I would have been required to actually show the pass. There was also someone in a SECURITY jacket standing near the line, although they didn't bother to do much. They took the ramp off of the bus before we left and then a person in a similar coat did the same thing at the T2 stop.
The security guy is a requirement since the doors open directly to the tarmac and are right next to planes. As for the sign that has been there for ages. Went through yesterday. No asking for BP, did get asked what gate so I could be pointed to the correct bus.
Old May 10, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
I've been repeatedly asked for a boarding pass too, and as someone who knows where I am going, the interruption is very irritating.

Side note, also very irritating about this jitney is the long wait time and the stupid separation of multiple buses for various destinations. It would be far more efficient, with shorter wait times for all, if they ran all the buses to both destinations, 2x as frequently. I have sat on that thing for a maddeningly long time waiting to depart, and they have an excessive amount of staff standing around and hassling for boarding passes and asking everyone where they are going, and not nearly enough people with their butt in the driver seats actually taking people places quickly. It's poorly operated IMHO.
Old May 10, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
Also side note, why do I care so much about that jitney? Because T2 is the only entry with Clear, or any kind of short/bearable line. T4 security lines are awful. I've been recommended by Delta/Clear folks to do security at T2 and jitney over to T4 after that. Great idea, but for the stupid long delay of the jitney. At present, it's either wait in a hellish security line at T4, or get in easy at T2 but then wait around for the slow bus.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by marcworld
Also side note, why do I care so much about that jitney? Because T2 is the only entry with Clear, or any kind of short/bearable line. T4 security lines are awful. I've been recommended by Delta/Clear folks to do security at T2 and jitney over to T4 after that. Great idea, but for the stupid long delay of the jitney. At present, it's either wait in a hellish security line at T4, or get in easy at T2 but then wait around for the slow bus.
Lately I've been taking the air train to T2 to go through the CLEAR lane and then take the jitney back to T4. Even with the wait for the bus to depart, it's far more convenient than the TSA line at T4.
Old May 10, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Lately I've been taking the air train to T2 to go through the CLEAR lane and then take the jitney back to T4. Even with the wait for the bus to depart, it's far more convenient than the TSA line at T4.
T2 is so much quicker to clear TSA than T4.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Hours?

My flight from Terminal 2 is delayed a couple hours until 10pm. I’d like to stay in the T4 lounge. Do they stop running the Jitney at a certain point?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL GM, F9 50K, NK Gold...AS MVP 50K soon?
Originally Posted by marcworld
Not true. Six weeks ago I used PreCheck + Clear at T4. This was late afternoon on a Thursday, so there was a significant line for standard security, and a pretty sizable one for PreCheck. There was no line for ID check on CLEAR of course, and I got dropped into the bag scan/metal detector line a couple of people back. The CLEAR checkpoint is all the way on the right side of the security area, up against a wall, so it was a bit of a walk from where I checked in (Air Serbia has counters all the way to the left).

The following Monday (which TBF was memorial Day as I recall), T2's CLEAR line didn't even appear to be open, and there wasn't a dedicated line for PreCheck. Had I known this, I would've gone through T4 security and then taken the jitney to T2. Based on my Thursday experience, that would've been quicker than going out to the train, then back into T2.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by iansltx
Not true. Six weeks ago I used PreCheck + Clear at T4. This was late afternoon on a Thursday, so there was a significant line for standard security, and a pretty sizable one for PreCheck. There was no line for ID check on CLEAR of course, and I got dropped into the bag scan/metal detector line a couple of people back. The CLEAR checkpoint is all the way on the right side of the security area, up against a wall, so it was a bit of a walk from where I checked in (Air Serbia has counters all the way to the left).

The following Monday (which TBF was memorial Day as I recall), T2's CLEAR line didn't even appear to be open, and there wasn't a dedicated line for PreCheck. Had I known this, I would've gone through T4 security and then taken the jitney to T2. Based on my Thursday experience, that would've been quicker than going out to the train, then back into T2.
The post you quoted from is over a year old. Clear has only been at T4 for about 6 months now and was only in T2 for the longest time until they were able to work it out with the T4 management.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I wonder why they do this at JFK but not LAX? I've never tried this as I just typically use the SC from the terminal I am departing from, but I wonder if I didn't have a flight departing from T4 and I showed the agent my T2 BP and told them I was going to the SC if they would let me on the bus?
Re: LAX
Twice I've had the contractors, the people who look at your BP and direct you which line to get into (before you get to the TSA or Clear), refuse me access to T2 security and try to tell me to walk all the way to T3, where my flight departed from. Made zero sense considering there's a shuttle. The second time I got a DL agent involved to walk me through.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
I believe it is a deeply obnoxious "courtesy." I know where I'm going!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.