Wiki Posts
Search

Delta customer service hold times

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2018, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hilton
Delta customer service hold times

I used to almost enjoy calling Delta customer service because I usually got right through, but my batting average over the last 6 months has been awful - more often than not, I'm being told "hold time greater than two hours". Granted I dropped from Gold to Silver this year, but I don't remember having this problem when I was silver the year before that. I get it when there is some huge noreaster, but I'm not sure what cataclysmic event is happening tonight that the hold time is so damn long (>2 hours). Has anyone else noticed a dramatic change in hold times? Is the difference in service between gold and silver dramatic?

Finally, I heard in the past that Asian call centers could be an alternative that offer good service. Is it possible to call a different call center about a domestic US itinerary and if so, where do you recommend?
Old May 1, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I have noticed the same. It’s no longer an instant pickup as a PM. Usually a few minute wait each time.

I’d guess that DL has quietly downsized its CS staff. Silly, since DL has the least useful online tools of all the carriers. It’s frustrating.
Old May 1, 2018, 9:05 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Saribo
Finally, I heard in the past that Asian call centers could be an alternative that offer good service. Is it possible to call a different call center about a domestic US itinerary and if so, where do you recommend?
Yes you can call. Singapore reservations is usually good. Call via Skype. IIRC they are open 24 hours.
Old May 1, 2018, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Saribo
I used to almost enjoy calling Delta customer service because I usually got right through, but my batting average over the last 6 months has been awful - more often than not, I'm being told "hold time greater than two hours". Granted I dropped from Gold to Silver this year, but I don't remember having this problem when I was silver the year before that. I get it when there is some huge noreaster, but I'm not sure what cataclysmic event is happening tonight that the hold time is so damn long (>2 hours). Has anyone else noticed a dramatic change in hold times? Is the difference in service between gold and silver dramatic?

I had issues two weekends ago while trying to call and when I mentioned the wait times to the agent, she said the Air France strikes are causing the issues. Any calls from the US as well as many calls within Europe were (are) getting directed to DL agents on this side of the pond, overwhelming DL’s system and the agents. She said it’s frustrating because she had received many calls from those in Europe regarding infra-Europe cancellations and DL agents on this side of the pond couldn’t do anything about it.

AF is a decent airline when they’re actually flying but the issue is that they’re on strike so often that booking on AF is now a serious risk.
strickerj likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WWads
I have noticed the same. It’s no longer an instant pickup as a PM. Usually a few minute wait each time.

I’d guess that DL has quietly downsized its CS staff. Silly, since DL has the least useful online tools of all the carriers. It’s frustrating.
Yes even as a DM today and yesterday it has been about 10 minutes. Where are I rarely heard anything except with major weather delays.
Old May 2, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Is the OP talking about getting through to post-travel Customer Service or pre/during travel Reservations? These are two different groups with different hold times.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hilton
I was talking about calling to change a reservation. A two hour schedule change to one of my flights required me to call. The other thing that is weird is that my calls are handled totally differently even though I’m calling the same number. When I called again this morning I got totally different automated questions and the system offered to call me back when it was my turn, which didn’t happen last night.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:13 am

Angry Ridiculous Platinum Customer Service from Delta

I have also been experiencing extraordinarily long wait times with the US Platinum Customer Service desk. Most of the time it's 50 minutes or so, but I've had to wait over an hour and a half for a call back.

I saw a suggestion on this site to call the Korean line, so I did. Sure enough, I waited no longer than 2 minutes for a callback.

Delta, you'd better get your call bank situation fixed. I'm not happy, and I'm sure that a lot of other people are not happy as well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.