Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

VA flight went mechanical, DL rebooked me on JQ, Mileage not Eligible for Skymiles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VA flight went mechanical, DL rebooked me on JQ, Mileage not Eligible for Skymiles?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver

Hi everyone, as the title says, let me explain a bit further.

I was booked on DL7276, DL6793, DL2332 & DL4272 (HBA-MEL-LAX-YOW) with the first two flights on VA metal .

My first flight departing "Hobart International" on VA went mechanical and would be delayed by several hours. Delta re-booked me on the next available flight to MEL, which was on JQ. The rest of my trip went well.

I checked the mileage posted for this trip and the HBA-MEL segment wasn't posted, so I submitted a claim on the DL website and provided my original boarding passes etc. I got a message back saying the segment was ineligible.

Question.... Why would it be ineligible, I asked for credit based on the original itinerary? Should I try and submit the claim again?
Old May 2, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Did you include the phrase "original routing credit"? If not, that phrase, plus mentioning the original flight number you're requesting mileage credit should get things on the right track.

If it helps, you aren't technically requesting credit for the new Jetstar flight - you're requesting it for the old DL 7276 flight.
Old May 2, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Try again. Use the phrase 'original routing credit', submit the details of your original booking, and mention that you were rebooked involuntarily. You should be fine.
Old May 2, 2018, 8:05 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE= If it helps, you aren't technically requesting credit for the new Jetstar flight - you're requesting it for the old DL 7276 flight.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly, I provided my original DL 7276 boarding pass in my claim with a note on what happened. Figured this would be easy claim to review.
Old May 2, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
You should try again and ask for Original Routing Credit (ORC) since this was an issue out of your control. Delta has been good to me about giving credit for similar issues (KL rebooked to LH, KE rebooked to OZ) but you need to remind them that they rebooked it for you and that it was due to a tech issue with VA. You might be able to call Delta and get them to fix it, the phone staff have always been able to fix issues like that for me, but then again I've almost always been a Platinum so YMMV.

Good Luck!

Last edited by ttuna3; May 2, 2018 at 8:09 am Reason: typo
Old May 2, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Heffeh41
My thoughts exactly, I provided my original DL 7276 boarding pass in my claim with a note on what happened. Figured this would be easy claim to review.

Don't even mention the Jetstar flight, just your confirmation number and original routing credit

You mention much else and it will just cause confusion.
Old May 2, 2018, 1:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The exact words original routing credit tend to work like a charm IME.
Old May 3, 2018, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips, Haven't flown DL in ages so I wasn't sure about eligibility when my original claim was denied. I will try again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.