FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Question about changing flights after delta schedule change (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1906651-question-about-changing-flights-after-delta-schedule-change.html)

omaralt Apr 29, 2018 5:17 am

Question about changing flights after delta schedule change

so before I spend an hour on the phone with the wrong person I thought I’d ask here.

I have a business class ticket with delta to London in August. Today I got an email from Travelocity (I purchased through them) that the return has been changed by 1.5 hrs earlier. Not a big deal however, I would love to change my departure by about the same amount of time. There are flights available with a connection through MSP instead of DTW. Would they be able to change the ticket now without the $450 change fee? And do I call delta or Travelocity? Thanks

3Cforme Apr 29, 2018 5:20 am

Travelocity booked you = Travelocity rebooks you. A ninety minute change should, under Delta rules, qualify you for a flight change or refund.

TTT Apr 29, 2018 6:13 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 29695484)
Travelocity booked you = Travelocity rebooks you. A ninety minute change should, under Delta rules, qualify you for a flight change or refund.

This is the correct answer.

That said, if you have status with Delta you may have luck calling Delta and getting them to make the change. Benefit of trying that is if they do change for you they will then own the ticket and will be your point of contact going forward.

omaralt Apr 29, 2018 10:01 am

Thanks. Jus for update, in case anyone goes through something similar, Travelocity have me the option of changing the return trip only, or to cancel the whole trip for a full refund. But delta doesn’t allow changing the unaffected flights

MSPeconomist Apr 29, 2018 10:55 am

Originally Posted by omaralt (Post 29696127)
Thanks. Jus for update, in case anyone goes through something similar, Travelocity have me the option of changing the return trip only, or to cancel the whole trip for a full refund. But delta doesn’t allow changing the unaffected flights

I'm confused. If the schedule change affected only your return, you should be entitled either to change only the return or to get a full refund, assuming that the schedule change is big enough to qualify. To be able to change the direction not impacted by the schedule change would require cancelling the original ticket and starting over, using the remaining DL credit after change fees assuming it's a normal exUSAnonrefundable RT TATL nonbulk ticket.

omaralt Apr 29, 2018 11:01 am

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I want to change the departure not the return. The change was only on the return. So the two options given were change the return or cancel the entire ticket. I will search and see if I can get a similar price on a different departure and if I can I’ll cancel and rebook

TerryK Apr 29, 2018 11:51 am

Originally Posted by omaralt (Post 29696280)
Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I want to change the departure not the return. The change was only on the return. So the two options given were change the return or cancel the entire ticket. I will search and see if I can get a similar price on a different departure and if I can I’ll cancel and rebook

What you need is someone who can do you a favor. Travelocity, as OTA, just follows the rules. You need to call DL direct to see if they can do you a favor. ;) DL may take over your ticket, usually for $50 fee, and reissue it for your desired time. I said may as this is a favor, not a right.

flying_donkeys12 Apr 29, 2018 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK (Post 29696390)
What you need is someone who can do you a favor. Travelocity, as OTA, just follows the rules. You need to call DL direct to see if they can do you a favor. ;) DL may take over your ticket, usually for $50 fee, and reissue it for your desired time. I said may as this is a favor, not a right.

Haha. Now this is funny. You were trying to be humorous correct?

omaralt Apr 29, 2018 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12 (Post 29696718)

hey it’s worrh a try! I’ll call delta tomorrow 😬

Mountain Explorer Apr 29, 2018 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12 (Post 29696718)

DL has never refused to let me change an originating flight when there was a significant schedule change on the return

flyerCO Apr 29, 2018 6:07 pm

There is one case where I know DL will allow changes to the uneffected portion. If you end up changing the day due to schedule change, they'll allow you to change the portion that had no changes in order to keep same number of days at destination. Ie if you need to move the return back by a day due to schedule change, they'll let you move the outbound back by a day also.

omaralt Apr 30, 2018 1:18 pm

Just an update called delta and Travelocity and no bueno on changing the departure. I can cancel the entire ticket but can’t change the departure time

MSPeconomist Apr 30, 2018 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by omaralt (Post 29700041)
Just an update called delta and Travelocity and no bueno on changing the departure. I can cancel the entire ticket but can’t change the departure time

This is as it should be.

omaralt Apr 30, 2018 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 29700307)
This is as it should be.

but I don’t like it!

flying_donkeys12 Apr 30, 2018 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by omaralt (Post 29700041)

What!? That is impossible! Kjnangre said it is FACT, and well known that Delta is VERY generous with schedule changes. Haha
OP. I am sorry it did not workout. I apologize that some posters feel the need to fill people's heads with dreams and fantasy scenarios. Hope your trip works out.