Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Question about changing flights after delta schedule change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:17 am
Original Poster

so before I spend an hour on the phone with the wrong person I thought I’d ask here.

I have a business class ticket with delta to London in August. Today I got an email from Travelocity (I purchased through them) that the return has been changed by 1.5 hrs earlier. Not a big deal however, I would love to change my departure by about the same amount of time. There are flights available with a connection through MSP instead of DTW. Would they be able to change the ticket now without the $450 change fee? And do I call delta or Travelocity? Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Travelocity booked you = Travelocity rebooks you. A ninety minute change should, under Delta rules, qualify you for a flight change or refund.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:13 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Travelocity booked you = Travelocity rebooks you. A ninety minute change should, under Delta rules, qualify you for a flight change or refund.
This is the correct answer.

That said, if you have status with Delta you may have luck calling Delta and getting them to make the change. Benefit of trying that is if they do change for you they will then own the ticket and will be your point of contact going forward.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Jus for update, in case anyone goes through something similar, Travelocity have me the option of changing the return trip only, or to cancel the whole trip for a full refund. But delta doesn’t allow changing the unaffected flights
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by omaralt
Thanks. Jus for update, in case anyone goes through something similar, Travelocity have me the option of changing the return trip only, or to cancel the whole trip for a full refund. But delta doesn’t allow changing the unaffected flights
I'm confused. If the schedule change affected only your return, you should be entitled either to change only the return or to get a full refund, assuming that the schedule change is big enough to qualify. To be able to change the direction not impacted by the schedule change would require cancelling the original ticket and starting over, using the remaining DL credit after change fees assuming it's a normal exUSAnonrefundable RT TATL nonbulk ticket.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I want to change the departure not the return. The change was only on the return. So the two options given were change the return or cancel the entire ticket. I will search and see if I can get a similar price on a different departure and if I can I’ll cancel and rebook
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I want to change the departure not the return. The change was only on the return. So the two options given were change the return or cancel the entire ticket. I will search and see if I can get a similar price on a different departure and if I can I’ll cancel and rebook
What you need is someone who can do you a favor. Travelocity, as OTA, just follows the rules. You need to call DL direct to see if they can do you a favor. DL may take over your ticket, usually for $50 fee, and reissue it for your desired time. I said may as this is a favor, not a right.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by TerryK
What you need is someone who can do you a favor. Travelocity, as OTA, just follows the rules. You need to call DL direct to see if they can do you a favor. DL may take over your ticket, usually for $50 fee, and reissue it for your desired time. I said may as this is a favor, not a right.
Haha. Now this is funny. You were trying to be humorous correct?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12

hey it’s worrh a try! I’ll call delta tomorrow 😬
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12

DL has never refused to let me change an originating flight when there was a significant schedule change on the return
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
There is one case where I know DL will allow changes to the uneffected portion. If you end up changing the day due to schedule change, they'll allow you to change the portion that had no changes in order to keep same number of days at destination. Ie if you need to move the return back by a day due to schedule change, they'll let you move the outbound back by a day also.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Just an update called delta and Travelocity and no bueno on changing the departure. I can cancel the entire ticket but can’t change the departure time
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Just an update called delta and Travelocity and no bueno on changing the departure. I can cancel the entire ticket but can’t change the departure time
This is as it should be.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This is as it should be.
but I don’t like it!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
What!? That is impossible! Kjnangre said it is FACT, and well known that Delta is VERY generous with schedule changes. Haha
OP. I am sorry it did not workout. I apologize that some posters feel the need to fill people's heads with dreams and fantasy scenarios. Hope your trip works out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.