Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Amex MQD Waiver - Retroactive Status Bonus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles Gold

Hey ya'll,

I'm currently sitting at 24K MQM's and I'm about to do a trip that will net me 27K MQM's. However I won't have enough MQD's to even reach silver medallion. However, I will be able to hit the Amex waiver in the next month or so. Once I hit the waiver I'll be gold.

My question is, well I get a retroactive credit, an adjustment, for medallion status of RDM's on my flights? 40% bonus for the flights where I would have "had silver medallion", 60% for gold? (Upcoming flights are on partner and earn by fare class and distance.)

First time going for Delta status.

Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No such thing. Until you meet both the MQM and either MQD or MQD Waiver requirement, you don't have status and are not entitled to any bonuses.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Weekend Away
Hey ya'll,

I'm currently sitting at 24K MQM's and I'm about to do a trip that will net me 27K MQM's. However I won't have enough MQD's to even reach silver medallion. However, I will be able to hit the Amex waiver in the next month or so. Once I hit the waiver I'll be gold.

My question is, well I get a retroactive credit, an adjustment, for medallion status of RDM's on my flights? 40% bonus for the flights where I would have "had silver medallion", 60% for gold? (Upcoming flights are on partner and earn by fare class and distance.)

First time going for Delta status.

Thanks!
You're not Gold (or Silver) until your DL FF account says so. It won't happen until you have satisfied both the MQM (or MQS for segment qualifiers) AND MQD (or waiver) requirements.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:24 pm

In fact, if you were flying multiple segments (connections) and the 1st segment crosses a higher medallion mark, the second segment also does NOT get the new bonus level until the status has been processed and reflected in the account. Encountered this when moving up from Silver / Gold / Platinum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.