Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

FA using restroom after landing and taxiing to gate ATL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive

Are FA’s exempt from the rules. I know a passenger doing the same would not go over well. Been on a couple of flights where the plane came to a complete stop when they did the same.
Just curious and not upset.

Meant ATL. Fat fingers got in the way.

Last edited by apodo77; Apr 28, 2018 at 6:19 am
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: none
Yes they are exempt.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by apodo77
Are FA’s exempt from the rules?
Meant ATL. Fat fingers got in the way.
What rule about after taxiing to gate? Or could you mean while taxiing or in other words while the plane was moving?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What rule about after taxiing to gate? Or could you mean while taxiing or in other words while the plane was moving?
Just landed and taxiing to the gate at ATL (B 27). FA got up and used the restroom right after landing. So while the plane was moving after landing and on the way to the gate.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL DM
Just landed and taxiing to the gate at ATL (B 27). FA got up and used the restroom right after landing. So while the plane was moving after landing and on the way to the gate.
Why would that be a problem?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cre95

Why would that be a problem?
No malice and just curious. It absolutely is a problem if a passenger tries to do it including the plane coming to a halt (first hand experience more than once).

Really was just curious and never seen it before. Guess they couldn't hold it for the 4 minutes it took to get to the gate. It happens.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Maybe the FA wanted to be around and available after the aircraft arrived, to make any arrival announcement, help passengers, say goodbye to everyone, and especially thank elites for their business.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Guess they couldn't hold it for the 4 minutes it took to get to the gate. It happens.
Considering they are on duty once they get to the gate, it would probably be a lot longer than 4 minutes before they would have the opportunity to go to the restroom. Also, sometimes when you've got to go, you've got to go.
Crazy Dave likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:01 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by wrp96
. Also, sometimes when you've got to go, you've got to go.

Yep. ^^
Dave737 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
You should of asked her if she pooped or peed. Does it bother you when they are giving the safety demo while the aircraft is moving as well?
HDQDD likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:28 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Here'z'a 2 part story that relates to this:

Flying KLM a while back, I noticed that. the FA handed out the coats / jackets AFTER the plane landed, while taxiing to the gate. I thought that was FANTASTIC, because I always hated it when FAs hand out the jackets while you're still in the air, and you hafto sit there like an idiot with your coat on your lap til you get to the gate - - <which is why I never give them my coat any more>.

Fast forward to a later flight . . .

A DL FA asked me if she could take my coat. I told her that, I don't like having it on my lap during landing and while taxiing to the gate, so, I keep it in the overhead bin. I told her that, i noticed that KLM FAs pass out the coats upon landing during taxiing, and how I thought that was a great idea! She told me that, FAs are REQUIRED by the FAA <I think> to remain seated during taxi after landing.

Any thoughts???
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
You should of asked her if she pooped or peed. Does it bother you when they are giving the safety demo while the aircraft is moving as well?
Where was I ever bothered?

Last edited by apodo77; Apr 28, 2018 at 6:20 am
Old Apr 26, 2018, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
Here'z'a 2 part story that relates to this:

Flying KLM a while back, I noticed that. the FA handed out the coats / jackets AFTER the plane landed, while taxiing to the gate. I thought that was FANTASTIC, because I always hated it when FAs hand out the jackets while you're still in the air, and you hafto sit there like an idiot with your coat on your lap til you get to the gate - - <which is why I never give them my coat any more>.

Fast forward to a later flight . . .

A DL FA asked me if she could take my coat. I told her that, I don't like having it on my lap during landing and while taxiing to the gate, so, I keep it in the overhead bin. I told her that, i noticed that KLM FAs pass out the coats upon landing during taxiing, and how I thought that was a great idea! She told me that, FAs are REQUIRED by the FAA <I think> to remain seated during taxi after

Any thoughts???
Nope. Only passengers. It would make no sense to allow it during takeoff taxi, but not landing.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by davetravels
She told me that, FAs are REQUIRED by the FAA <I think> to remain seated during taxi after landing.

Any thoughts???
Airline pilot here.... there’s no FAA requirement for FA’s to be seated on the taxi after landing. Could a specific carrier require it? Sure. But it’s not an FAA rule.

More than likely this FA just had to go, and hey, it happens. Better go then rather than during deplaning,
Seabilly likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had a pax do it on a flight a couple weeks ago as we were taxing towards the gate. I was expecting a FA to tell her to go back and sit down, but they never said a word.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.