FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Future of Crossover Rewards with SPG (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1905920-future-crossover-rewards-spg.html)

UVAhoo06 Apr 24, 2018 9:49 pm

Future of Crossover Rewards with SPG

Just saw this posted on DL.com (https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...updates.html):

On April 16, 2018, Marriott announced several changes to the Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®) program, and Marriot Rewards.

Crossover RewardsTM
  • Crossover RewardsTM will continue through July 15, 2018, with all current benefits being honored through that date. We expect to have more to share on this program before July 15. SPG hotel bookings for stays with a check-out date after July 15, 2018 will not be eligible for earning miles or hotel benefits under the Crossover RewardsTMprogram.
    • Earning miles on SPG stays through Crossover RewardsTM: Medallion® Members can continue to earn one bonus mile (in addition to Starpoints®) for every dollar spent on eligible room rates at over 1,100 Starwood hotels and resorts in the SPG program for stays completed by July 15, 2018, regardless of booking date.
    • Hotel Benefits on SPG stays through Crossover RewardsTM: Diamond and Platinum Medallion® Members can continue to enjoy benefits for stays completed by July 15, 2018, regardless of booking date:
      • 4pm late checkout
      • Access to the SPG elite check-in line
      • Complimentary in-room Internet access
      • Upgrades to enhanced rooms at check-in
  • Visit the Crossover Rewards FAQs to learn more
SPG and Marriott Rewards
  • Starting in August 2018, SPG and Marriott Rewards will implement a new structure for earning airline miles on stays and converting points to miles.
  • In the meantime, SkyMiles Members who have elected to earn miles instead of hotel points on eligible SPG and/or Marriott stays can continue to do so under the existing earning structures. Plus, SkyMiles Members can also continue to convert hotel points to miles under the existing conversion structures. Learn More on how to set up your earning preferences to earn miles with SPG.
Learn moreopens in a new windowopens in a new window about all upcoming changes to SPG and Marriott Rewards.

We remain committed to ensuring that SkyMiles Members enjoy a rewarding loyalty program. From earning miles with more than thirty non-air partners, including top-rated global travel brands and everyday activities, to our more than twenty airline partners—we are constantly working to improve your SkyMiles experience and find new ways for you to earn miles. For a complete list of ways to earn miles, including opportunities to earn with our partners, visit delta.com/earnmiles.

It'll be interesting to see if PM/DMs will receive any type of enhanced benefits with Marriott in the future...

orca15 Apr 25, 2018 10:03 am

I'm not holding my breath...Marriott already in bed with United. Something has to give. Don't get me wrong, I'd be very very happy to see MR-DL crossover, just don't think it will happen given Marriott seems to be in the lead.

flyerCO Apr 25, 2018 1:01 pm

There's allready a lengthy thread on this.

t1c May 3, 2018 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 29683077)
There's allready a lengthy thread on this.

Where is the thread?

garykung May 3, 2018 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by orca15 (Post 29682378)
Something has to give.

Not necessary in this case.

Datapoint - Marriott keeps both AMEX and Chase as credit card partners. So can both UA and DL coexist in the new program? Absolutely possible.

But for sure, a devaluation is coming to town.

t1c May 3, 2018 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by garykung (Post 29713568)
Not necessary in this case.

Datapoint - Marriott keeps both AMEX and Chase as credit card partners. So can both UA and DL coexist in the new program? Absolutely possible.

But for sure, a devaluation is coming to town.

True its coming.

I'm just curious if they will reciprocate the level of status with Delta as the have with United.

They could make it to where you have two options once you have PP/Ambassador Status.

PP - Silver and Ambassador - Gold with either program.

garykung May 4, 2018 12:38 am

Originally Posted by t1c (Post 29713598)
I'm just curious if they will reciprocate the level of status with Delta as the have with United.

Unlikely. Even it is a guess, the Crossover should have the same outcome as AMEX sponsored status.