DL Twitter

Old Apr 24, 18, 12:15 pm

FWIW, AA's twitter team has taken a similar dive towards uselessness. Does any major airline have a useful twitter team?
Old Apr 24, 18, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by richarddd View Post
FWIW, AA's twitter team has taken a similar dive towards uselessness. Does any major airline have a useful twitter team?
I find AA twitter to still be very, very good. I've done entire changes to tickets via twitter including the upfare charge; regularly use them to push through SWUs, do same day changes or standby, or change seats. I don't know if AA has a way to segment based on status but as an EXP I'm rarely waiting more than 10 minutes for a reply and sometimes I'm surprised what they can do without me having to call in

Sad to hear about the demise of the DL twitter team - it was my go to back when I still flew DL regularly before 2016 and I found the service to be prompt and excellent
Old Apr 24, 18, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
When I was trying to find my confirmation code for my VS flight (booked via Delta), I didn't want to sit on hold for two hours so I tweeted Delta asking them where to find the information. They never responded, but VS (and they were just mentioned, not @ in the tweet) replied for them.

I was very impressed with VS in that respect, but I've found Delta on Twitter to be slower and less enthusiastic since I first started communicating with them that way.
Old Apr 24, 18, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA, CX, AS, DL / Hilton, SPG
Iíve been having the opposite experience with DL. In the last few weeks they were super responsive to DMís and able twice to sort out some complex ticketing issues all over DM and followed up in both instances by a phone call with the extremely nice Twitter agents. Especially useful when their phone hold times were over 2 hours. They even did some things that the phone agents wouldnít do in terms of rerouting during IRROPS. Theyíve saved my butt a few times lately, and honestly itís affected my spending habits, Iím more likely to fly Delta because of it.
Old Apr 24, 18, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RunningforMiles View Post
Iíve been having the opposite experience with DL. In the last few weeks they were super responsive to DMís and able twice to sort out some complex ticketing issues all over DM and followed up in both instances by a phone call with the extremely nice Twitter agents. Especially useful when their phone hold times were over 2 hours. They even did some things that the phone agents wouldnít do in terms of rerouting during IRROPS. Theyíve saved my butt a few times lately, and honestly itís affected my spending habits, Iím more likely to fly Delta because of it.
im with you Running. I have had nothing but fast responses consistenly the last few months.
Old Apr 25, 18, 4:44 am

Programs: Delta GM, AS, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
In December, with major flight disruptions at AMS, a direct message to Delta on Twitter was answered promptly and got me rebooked on a new flight to the US for the next day before my turn in line came up to be helped at the KLM lounge. Last Saturday, it took over 4 hours for a direct message to be answered, but they were able to take care of my request quickly once the conversation got started. The PM phone line was useless last Friday--one-hour-plus wait times plus a failed callback, but at least I was able to find a lower overall fare than the one I was trying to book by phone (child fare for the itinerary DL's website gave me) while I was waiting.
Old Apr 25, 18, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta, Alaska Airlines, SPG, Hilton
As another data point, yesterday I direct messaged them @Delta asking about GUC availability for a flight and it took them 4.5 hours to reply.
Old Apr 25, 18, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I've noticed a distinct and significant increase in response time as well. Use to get a reply back within a few or up to 10 min for an SDC or GUC availability.
Now it can be much longer which makes it difficult or unusable for urgent issues like irops rebooking or an sdc.
Old Apr 25, 18, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL GM
I've been noticing this for a while unfortunately. The response time is incredibly slow and more often than not, that response is just some canned response I could have gotten from searching the website. It's frustrating, though if I have something time sensitive I'd rather just call the medallion line anyway. I find the quality of assistance to be far better.
Old Apr 25, 18, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Shickingly gave Twitter another go today and my SDC request was processed within 20 minutes (6:30 pm Central was the time).

Just when I was done with them they suck me back in.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 18, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG PLAT
I sent a DM this evening to inquire about using a RUC for my flight tomorrow and they responded within 30 minutes. They even found upgrade space and cleared my RUC upgrade right there. Based on my last few interactions, they've been more useful than the Diamond line.