Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta eTCV credits transferable?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Delta eTCV credits transferable?

They're expiring this week and wondering if I can transfer to someone by just giving them the ticket # and name?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Usually not.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

hmmm "usually" ? how does DL check? exact Name or family members ok?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL DM
IF I remember correctly, their validity for all travel must be completed is one year from the original issue date. They are only transferable if you are one of the travelers on a PNR. Correct away, if I am wrong. The TCV’s should be in your wallet on delta.com with all the T & C’s
vickh likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
IF I remember correctly, their validity for all travel must be completed is one year from the original issue date. They are only transferable if you are one of the travelers on a PNR. Correct away, if I am wrong. The TCV’s should be in your wallet on delta.com with all the T & C’s
hmm exact name match huh?

https://www.delta.com/mydelta/wallet

shows nothing We got this for lost baggageCREDITS AND CERTIFICATES

Credits, Certificates and Savings

We're sorry, it looks like you don't have any Credits or Certificates associated to this account right now.

Last edited by vickh; Apr 23, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone have an email addy for baggage CS so I can confirm?

We deeply regret the trouble you’ve experienced, and to tangibly demonstrate our concern, we will issue you an electronic Transportation Credit (eTCV)

ETCVs may be used toward future Delta travel and are valid for one year from the date of issue. They may be redeemed at delta.com, DeltaReservations or at any Delta city or airport ticket office. Redemptions at delta.com will not incur a transaction fee.

Fees will apply if a voucher is redeemed through any other Delta location. You will receive a receipt for this e-credit in a separate email. Please refer to the terms and conditions of the e-credit for additional information.

Please accept our apology for your experience and give us an opportunity to regain your confidence.

Sincerely,

Claims Manager

Consumer Affairs - Baggage
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
It depends. Some yes, some no. Go online and enter the cert and see if it applies. Generally the only ones that must be used by named passenger are 1)VDB vouchers and 2)leftover funds from a cancelled eticket.. Any other generally can be used by another person.
vickh likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
It depends. Some yes, some no. Go online and enter the cert and see if it applies. Generally the only ones that must be used by named passenger are 1)VDB vouchers and 2)leftover funds from a cancelled eticket.. Any other generally can be used by another person.
perfect will try out w/ dummy reservation...

This was not VDB vouchers or leftover funds. Can CS extend as a courtesy, as far as travel date?

Last edited by vickh; Apr 23, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vickh
perfect will try out w/ dummy reservation...

This was not VDB vouchers or leftover funds. Can CS extend as a courtesy, as far as travel date?
Generally no. DL counts on some of these expiring. Otherwise wouldn't issue as many.
vickh likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Generally no. DL counts on some of these expiring. Otherwise wouldn't issue as many.
last q: complete travel or book?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:49 pm

last q: complete travel or book?
Others have suggested you read the T&Cs of your specific voucher. They can be loaded online, in paper form, or read to you over the phone by Reservations.

You asking a separate hypothetical about each line of the T&C that varies by the specific certificate type you were issued is quite annoying.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Others have suggested you read the T&Cs of your specific voucher. They can be loaded online, in paper form, or read to you over the phone by Reservations.

You asking a separate hypothetical about each line of the T&C that varies by the specific certificate type you were issued is quite annoying.
i don't have the terms otherwise I wouldn't be asking here. All I have is the ticket #. I'm sure others have got a eTCV for lost baggage
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:58 pm

i don't have the terms otherwise I wouldn't be asking here. All I have is the ticket #. I'm sure others have got a eTCV for lost baggage
That sounds sketchy. If it's not, you can Google the baggage line # and ask for the terms. Or if the email and voucher were actually sent to you, reply to it and ask for the terms.

As I said before, there are MULTIPLE certificate types and they don't default to one of these for lost baggage. In fact, it's rarer for them to issue certificates than to cut a check for baggage claims. The certificate type is embedded in the coding the claims manager used to settle your claim, and whether it was actually baggage or Customer Service who issued the voucher, etc. Hence why many of us have asked you to refer to the terms of your specific voucher, and if you don't have it and are the legitimate owner of it, call/email Delta.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

We got both a check and eTCV ....only got this email w/ tcv# not the receipt email : We deeply regret the trouble you’ve experienced, and to tangibly demonstrate our concern, we will issue you an electronic Transportation Credit (eTCV)

ETCVs may be used toward future Delta travel and are valid for one year from the date of issue. They may be redeemed at delta.com, DeltaReservations or at any Delta city or airport ticket office. Redemptions at delta.comwill not incur a transaction fee.

Fees will apply if a voucher is redeemed through any other Delta location. You will receive a receipt for this e-credit in a separate email. Please refer to the terms and conditions of the e-credit for additional information.

Please accept our apology for your experience and give us an opportunity to regain your confidence.

Sincerely,

Claims Manager

Consumer Affairs - Baggage
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:18 pm

I have had many of these and have been able to book by the deadline and travel within 330 days of the expiry. Check the 3 digits after 006. If they are 054 then you must use it yourself. Other numbers allow you to travel with someone else and use the funds for both of you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.