Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Gogo SSID change?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
Delta Gogo SSID change?

On DL829 and the WiFi name is ‘DeltaWiFi’. Used to be gogo something all these years. Did it change recently? Still Gogo service and all, just an SSID change.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I've noticed both on some planes. Never have seen it as the only option. I just figured one was meant to be kept private. Ie for them to use their handheld devices . Reason for this thinking was because the flights this happened on, the crew had problems connecting. Not sure now what is happening now.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I saw it as the only choice yesterday.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by indufan
I saw it as the only choice yesterday.
Same, on a 75S JFK-SEA. One of the other (tech savvy, given the route) passengers even asked the flight attendant about it, concerned it was a spoofing attack because the in seat card still says gogoinflight is the SSID.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by BenA

Same, on a 75S JFK-SEA. One of the other (tech savvy, given the route) passengers even asked the flight attendant about it, concerned it was a spoofing attack because the in seat card still says gogoinflight is the SSID.
And the Twitter team also had no clue about the change.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:12 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I've noticed both on some planes. Never have seen it as the only option. I just figured one was meant to be kept private. Ie for them to use their handheld devices .
If that were the case it would be encrypted and require a password to connect.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
If that were the case it would be encrypted and require a password to connect.
It wouldn't allow connection. It kept refusing to connect even. The Gogo would at least allow you to connect, although not allow you to do anything. There's methods for security other then using a Wi-Fi password. It can be set to refuse a connection if not configured to be on that network
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Noticed it on my flight this past Friday (DL 231, 763). It was the only WiFi listed. Was a bit of a PITA, had to ask the FAs to reset and it didn't start working until about 2 hours into the flight (not sure if problem was related to name change at all or was an independent issue).
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:20 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It wouldn't allow connection. It kept refusing to connect even. The Gogo would at least allow you to connect, although not allow you to do anything. There's methods for security other then using a Wi-Fi password. It can be set to refuse a connection if not configured to be on that network
Uh, are you the OP? Clearly he was able to post on the flight.

Regardless, the point is that any "secure" network is going to use encryption, even if they use some other method in addition.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Currently posting from my tablet connected to 'DeltaWiFi' on this A321. No issues connecting to gogo in the browser just as always.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Any problems for those who use iPass?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
It was the only network on DL47 yesterday AMS-JFK (B763). Worked fine for the entire flight with the Free T-Mobile plan.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
"Delta WiFi" was the only option on VCE-JFK yesterday. I was confused at first, but was directed to the normal Gogo homepage and was able to log in as usual. On today's domestic flight (GoJet), it was "gogoinflight".

Go figure.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by bonoman
And the Twitter team also had no clue about the change.

Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pvn
Uh, are you the OP? Clearly he was able to post on the flight.

Regardless, the point is that any "secure" network is going to use encryption, even if they use some other method in addition.
Try reading the first post I posted. I wasn't talking about OPs experience, rather mine when both of the Wi-Fi networks showed up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.