Award ticket upgrades for FOs

Reply

Old Apr 19, 18, 6:54 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: SLC
Programs: Delta, Hilton
Posts: 31
Award ticket upgrades for FOs

Quick question - As far as I know FOs flying on award tickets aren't upgrade eligible. Does it matter if it's an international itinerary? Is there some Sky Team eligibility I don't know about?
Thanks!
Saribo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 18, 7:17 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 14,617
It hasn't been that way for few years. Even FO get upgrades
flyerCO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 18, 7:42 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minneapolis
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 1,489
Originally Posted by Saribo View Post
Quick question - As far as I know FOs flying on award tickets aren't upgrade eligible. Does it matter if it's an international itinerary? Is there some Sky Team eligibility I don't know about?
Thanks!
When you say International itinerary. What are the city pairs? Ther are not trans Atlantic or Pacific complimentary upgrades unless they are opups.

Last edited by Mr. Tickets; Apr 20, 18 at 5:26 am
Mr. Tickets is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 18, 8:55 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: SLC
Programs: Delta, Hilton
Posts: 31
Thanks, my knowledge was out of date. It's not a Delta One flight, domestic configured aircraft.
Saribo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 18, 8:59 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: St. Cloud, FL
Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Posts: 1,590
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
It hasn't been that way for few years. Even FO get upgrades
It actually just changed last year. I remember because I had gotten an UG on an award ticket last year as an FO and was surprised because I didn’t know that FOs were eligible for UGs and I was told that it had just been change within the past month.
MCO Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 18, 9:14 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 7,284
Originally Posted by Saribo View Post
Thanks, my knowledge was out of date. It's not a Delta One flight, domestic configured aircraft.

If you are flying to Mexico or Central America, I have found upgrades on award tickets to be easy to come by as a GM.
jdrtravel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 18, 12:06 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 14,617
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer View Post


It actually just changed last year. I remember because I had gotten an UG on an award ticket last year as an FO and was surprised because I didnít know that FOs were eligible for UGs and I was told that it had just been change within the past month.
Changed back in 2016 if memory is correct.
flyerCO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 18, 4:48 am
  #8  
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 13,282
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Changed back in 2016 if memory is correct.
Correct. October 10, 2016.
LBJ is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread