Isnt an upgrade a good thing?

Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Isnt an upgrade a good thing?

Flight this morning we had one empty seat at T-10, and the GA went on board & found the person who was number 1 on the upgrade list and brought them up to the front.

I always thought the move up once you are on board was a coveted event? This person has the BIGGEST attitude and chip on their shoulder with the FA and GA. Honestly I dont know why they did them a favor? Saying things like "is THIS the only seat available?" " I guess I will take it" etc etc with just tons of bad attitude.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Or possibly a sense of humor?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Definitely not, snapped at and was very rude to the FA and GA.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: Delta PM
That's particularly annoying but not at all surprising.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

The FA was very polite but his facial expressions you could tell he was thinking this is going to be a long day...

Ive only had the call up to the majors from the back a few times in my life but even on short flights is great!!
NotHamSarnie and nlkm9 like this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
If the passenger had an attitude there is no excuse, but in some scenarios it's really not an upgrade. I've politely declined upgrades if I had a good seat with an empty middle (e.g., row 19 on a 739) when the only option was a bulkhead F seat. Those things are cramped on some of Delta's planes (e.g., 739).

This is a natural consequence of Delta making a claustrophobic first class cabin so no one should be surprised when people occasionally decline upgrades in some circumstances.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:21 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
You should report this pax to MSPeconomist for re-education
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by pvn
^ yep
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
Given some of the drama over salt & pepper conveyances I read the other day, I'd be surprised if the passenger in question isn't a regular FT poster...
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Earlier this week the seat next to me SEA-LAX was empty when the door closed, and the FA found a lucky soul in back to come up. The passenger was exceedingly gracious, even when told that there was no longer any meal choices left so she would only get the sauerkraut/sausage meal (A horrible idea on a plane, by the way, but a topic for a different thread).

Good people, cabin crews and passengers alike, are still around.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold
Twice in the past three days I've been pulled from the back to the front after boarding, LAX-DTW and LAX-ATL. I was happy about it...
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Flight this morning we had one empty seat at T-10, and the GA went on board & found the person who was number 1 on the upgrade list and brought them up to the front.

I always thought the move up once you are on board was a coveted event? This person has the BIGGEST attitude and chip on their shoulder with the FA and GA. Honestly I dont know why they did them a favor? Saying things like "is THIS the only seat available?" " I guess I will take it" etc etc with just tons of bad attitude.
If I was #2 on the list at that moment, and I overheard that conversation, I would jump up and say "If you don't want it, I'll be more than happy to take it!" It would however depend on whether it's a bulkhead seat, as being tall, I might decline it!
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

As an FYI it was not a bulkhead seat it was row 4 in F
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
It is people like that who make the GA not want to come on the plane and do the right thing by getting the person and upgrading them.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by estedman
It is people like that who make the GA not want to come on the plane and do the right thing by getting the person and upgrading them.
This is why I always ask the GA if I am near the bubble for an UG if I should wait or will they come onboard. If you tell them that your interested and they say they will come onboard, Ive never been shenad before and they always stay true to their word.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.