Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"Miles Earned toward MQM Boost" Missing from AmEx Delta Reserve Statement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Until recently, at the bottom of my monthly statement, there has been a box labeled "Miles Earned", and a chart below that listing my miles earned in the current month and year-to-date. Immediately below that, there has been a short paragraph for the Miles Boost at $30/60/90k of spending. This paragraph has always shown my year-to-date spend toward the Miles Boost. These two items have been at the bottom of every statement I have received from AmEx ... until now.

On my March statement, the "Miles Earned" box is there, and the chart is there, but the paragraph showing my progress toward the Miles Boost is gone. On my April statement, it's all gone -- the "Miles Boost" paragraph, the "Miles Earned" box, and the chart of miles earned.

Thinking that surely this information could be found somewhere online, I logged into my AmEx account. It's nowhere to be found.

I called AmEx. I spent 15 minutes with a front-line customer-service rep who gave me a completely nonsensical explanation, then another 15 minutes with a supervisor who acknowledged the problem but couldn't explain why it had happened, whether it will be fixed, or how I can access this information in the future.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm thinking this might be a sign that it's time for me to cancel my AmEx Delta card and switch to the AmEx Platinum, for all the reasons many of you have given on other threads.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Have a look at this thread:
Amex spend waiver not updating on Skymiles Account?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I believe this is a different issue.
RobertS975 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
My April 10 Reserve Statement had the usual information.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Under Statements and Activity section online there is a "Year to Date Jan 1, 2018 to Present" time period option. This can include non-qualifying spend like the Annual Fee, but otherwise is pretty accurate. My March 25th online PDF statement has the Miles Earned section and the Boost progress.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
My March 16 statement had the usual info.

It will be interesting to see whether, in the next statement, the paragraph that describes the two mileage boots will have been modified to describe the new, third boost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.