Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta now awards miles based on Dollars not miles?? WOW!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta now awards miles based on Dollars not miles?? WOW!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Story learnt: Don't credit delta flight to delta. Credit delta flight to a partner and credit partner flight to delta. Revenue-based programmes are crap.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by flyernb
Furthermore, didn't Delta just have a big promotion for prossecco on international flights? NO sign of prosecco on our flights.
Wait, Delta flies international now? I only fly Eastern so I must have missed that one... wow!
hi55us likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Don't pick on the OP, he just got off an Eastern Airlines flight. His arms are tired for carrying the new Compaq Portable, which only weighs 28 lbs.
hi55us likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by spamkiller
Don't pick on the OP, he just got off an Eastern Airlines flight. His arms are tired for carrying the new Compaq Portable, which only weighs 28 lbs.
That Compaq is one sweet machine.

By the way I can’t wait until the first L-1011 arrives. All the way to Los Angeles, non-stop!
Old Apr 12, 2018, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by HornsKeith
In other news, I showed up for my DC-9 flight the other day and it had been changed to some newfangled MD-88. When did this happen?

Keith
When the inn replaced King George's portrait with George Washington's
Old Apr 12, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: Flying Club
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Redeemable mileage earning was announced four years ago. MQMs are still based on distance.

https://news.delta.com/2015-skymiles...mption-options

Maybe we can consolidate this into a 'Posters can't read Terms & Conditions' thread.

Or, you could give the guy the answer he's looking for without turning snarky?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by Mickeymouse123
How ironic. A snarky comment about a snarky comment! An nonconstructive comment deriding a comment for being nonconstructive!

And my post is just increasing the snark and pointlessness. Oh me oh my.
bubbashow and gooselee like this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Janus777
I called Delta to get my soybeans sprayed as I just inherited my Uncle Billy-Johns farm over in Dothan, and darned if you know she said they stopped spraying crops a minute ago...

I had been noticing that their planes had windows for a while but I just figured they was branching out into the lucrative bovine transport busy-ness....we’ve been putting windows in our cattle trailers for years it has taken the airplane folks a long time catch up...I still get a kick whenever a passenger car passes me and my cattle they feels some compulsion to ”Mooo” while they drive by....I betcha those folks with the funny flashlights on the ground do the same thing .....my Mee-ma always “Junior, God made all kinds of fruits, doesn’t mean ya gotta eat em all”. Not really sure that has relevance to this conversation but just popped into my head.....I miss Mee-ma you would’ve liked to meet her...
This might be the best one.
hi55us likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Platinum
Let’s get this topic back on track. I think we should ban together collectively to address our concerns to Delta. I would like to offer a name for consideration:

SAVESKYMILES
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
So I called my travel agent to book a flight on Pan Am, and you won't believe what he told me, ....!!!

(Sorry, just some good natured ribbing at the OP's expense, no offense intended )

Last edited by knit-in; Apr 12, 2018 at 10:11 am
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I miss those propellers. It's good to be able to look out the window and see that the engine is still working. Otherwise these new fangled aeroplanes could just stop and fall out of the sky and one wouldn't know it in time to find the parachute and figure out how to put it on.
bubbashow and hi55us like this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
How ironic. A snarky comment about a snarky comment! An nonconstructive comment deriding a comment for being nonconstructive!

And my post is just increasing the snark and pointlessness. Oh me oh my.
Not to mention they actually DID give the OP the information in the link.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
And now Great Lakes has bitten the dust.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Mickeymouse123
I suspect that the tones of some of the earlier responses in this thread were somewhat motivated by the original, crude thread title (which was subsequently sanitized by the MODS).
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What really irks me is that I just noticed that my last DL flight's aircraft didn't have propellers> When did that happen? How is the thing going to fly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.