Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FLL airport

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

FLL airport

I have several people arriving on different Delta flights around the same time. Also one arriving on JetBlue. I want to leave everyone at baggage claim, go pick up the rental car, and circle back to pick them up. Easier than mobilizing the group. Can the JetBlue guy walk over to the Delta terminal, or will I have to pick him up separately?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:25 pm

Terminal Maps Overview
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

that doesn't indicate whether you can walk from one terminal to the other
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
You can
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
You can also walk from the terminal to the car rental facility. It is an easy walk.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12
You can also walk from the terminal to the car rental facility. It is an easy walk.
In fact, faster and less of a hassle than waiting for, and climbing onto, a crowded bus
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Yes! It's a very easy walk. Delta is in Terminal 2 and JetBlue is in Terminal 3. They're right next to each other, so just tell JetBlue guy to walk outside, make a left, and Terminal 2 will be right there.

Also, as suggested above, for whatever reason the airport encourages people to take a shuttle to the rental car center but it's such an easy walk. Just walk toward Terminal 1 and follow the signs.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL GM
As the others said, this is very easy. FLL is basically a U, all connected with outdoor (covered) walkways upstairs and downstairs. The JetBlue guy can either make the easy walk from the lower level of T3 to T2 or he can just wait there and you can pick him up after you've picked people up at T2 (Delta) since it is just the next stop around the U. Definitely make the walk to the rental car area, even in the oppressive heat and humidity that can smother FLL, it is still better than the shuttle.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I thought this was going to be about the tornado at FLL.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:00 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12
absolutely walk to the rental car. I had to write myself an iPhone note a long time ago to remind me to stop using the rental car shuttle at FLL
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/3.4 MM, DLAmex Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, Hertz Gold 5*
Yes, it's an easy walk from Terminal 2 to the RCC. Go to Terminal up, go across the baggage area and take an escalator up, then the skybridge to the RCC. A tip for picking up your passengers, have them go upstairs to the departure level. A lot less traffic than on the arrivals level.
RumPatrol likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.