Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: Delta
I met the $75,000 spend in December. 3rd bonus showed up after my December statement closing date of the 28th. I'm assuming that is the trigger for the bonus to be posted.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Stoney18
I met the $75,000 spend in December. 3rd bonus showed up after my December statement closing date of the 28th. I'm assuming that is the trigger for the bonus to be posted.
My statement closed on Dec 17 and the skymiles posted on Dec 19th. Based on my past experience, the MQM bonus would have posted on Dec 19th.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: AA Platinum/2m miler, Marriott A and LTT, Delta Diamond, Hertz Presidents, Avis Presidents. +more
Based on my spending on December 31st which posted on January 1st with transaction date of December 31st, I received my 10000 MQM and miles on January 4th. The odd thing is that they were shown as 2019 MQM. In my case it doesn't matter because they would have rolled over anyway but surely if they were based on 2018 spelling they should have been considered 2018 MQM? Maybe they just put them in 2019 because they knew I didn't need them for 2018.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat
Has anyone gotten the offer for a third tier of bonus MQMs in 2019? Do they typically offer this every year?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by vtgambler
Has anyone gotten the offer for a third tier of bonus MQMs in 2019? Do they typically offer this every year?
Those who received the targeted emails got them around the last week of March last year. So it might be too early to see if AmEx does this again.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Perhaps that will give Delta the time to assess which cardholders reach the 60K spending mark early in the year and then stop using the card until January 1 of the next year.
This year we both made it a point to hold a large volume of our charges for New Year's Day.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They've only ever done this once (2018).
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by josephstern
They've only ever done this once (2018).
This promotion was originally offered in 2016.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnbp
OK. Interesting. I did not know that. Did it happen in 2017 also?

​​​​​​​Do you have a link to the 2016 thread?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by mnbp
That's news to me, and I've been a Reserve Card holder since 2002!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by josephstern
​​​​​​​Do you have a link to the 2016 thread?
Here's the 2016 thread (took me a long time to find it - note the odd abbreviation of American Express!!!)...

For those of you chasing DL branded AMX MQMs

Post #5 in this thread describes the offer I also received in Oct 2016.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, Delta Amex Reserve
This 2016 promo definitely seems only related to the platinum card, not the reserve card.

I have had the reserve card almost 10 years I think. I always reached the 60k threshold and immediately stopped using the card and switched to delta platinum amex to get more MQMs. In 2018 I finally kept using the reserve card to get the 3rd threshold and MQM bonus. I have never received this promo for the reserve card in past years, between my delta amex cards and other hotel amex cards I am always spending more than 6 figures a year with them. I may get rid of the delta branded platinum amex now if they continue to offer 3 thresholds per year on the reserve card.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: Skymiles
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
We will wait to hear, but I got my bonus posted three days after my charge (that put me over 90K) posted and my statement won't close until the 5th.
Never followed up on this post, sorry. I did ultimately get the bonus for $90,000 spend on my Reserve. Amex reps are very hit and miss, I finally emailed the Amex Executive office and they got me taken care of toot sweet.
Amex initially agreed to apply the MQM bonus and then reneged. Delta was useless...useless.
Once I contacted the Amex executive offices they were very professional, reviewed my account, listen to my CS calls and awarded the MQM’s and skypesos.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Chubbahill

Never followed up on this post, sorry. I did ultimately get the bonus for $90,000 spend on my Reserve. Amex reps are very hit and miss, I finally emailed the Amex Executive office and they got me taken care of toot sweet.
Amex initially agreed to apply the MQM bonus and then reneged. Delta was useless...useless.
Once I contacted the Amex executive offices they were very professional, reviewed my account, listen to my CS calls and awarded the MQM’s and skypesos.
whats their excutive office number or email? i tried to get that 3rd tier MQM and was denied. thanks.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: Skymiles
I used:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Good luck. Be advised that they were very thorough and reviewed the calls I had made to CS and previous emails.
The difference in the level of professionalism and support compared to their other reps was night and day.
Also, I do not think it was a factor but I reminded them that in addition to Reserve I am also a Amex Plat and Amex Delta Plat cardholder.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.