Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
Only keep it for the PWM.
IF only PWM isn't the DL Plat overkill? Can't you get that with the Gold (and maybe lower)?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 12:15 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Too late AMEX/Delta!! I just charged $15k on my CSR of flights = 45k points = $675 in travel rewards. 15k delta miles = nothing.

PS AMEX/Delta, I'll hit DM anyways gaming your system!
Old Apr 7, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Too late AMEX/Delta!! I just charged $15k on my CSR of flights = 45k points = $675 in travel rewards. 15k delta miles = nothing.

If you did it on an AmEx Plat card, it would be 75K MR pts, which translate to 75K DL miles, or other potentially more valuable FF "currencies" also. Not sure why would anyone charge DL flights to a DL AmEx. That's really poor value and returns.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
IF only PWM isn't the DL Plat overkill? Can't you get that with the Gold (and maybe lower)?
Yes, it is overkill. I am considering downgrading. But the SO's daughter wants me to keep the Platinum. She was the beneficiary of the companion ticket last year. And is angling for that to be an annual benefit for her use .
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
Yes, it is overkill. I am considering downgrading. But the SO's daughter wants me to keep the Platinum. She was the beneficiary of the companion ticket last year. And is angling for that to be an annual benefit for her use .
I keep a business DL Platinum solely for the companion cert, and occasional Amex Offers that aren't targeted to my personal cards.

Used to use the OPEN discounts also before Amex turned that program into a dodo bird.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Nope

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Has there been any news for those who weren't targeted initially?
I hold both a personal Reserve and Platinum.. I got the offer for the Platinum (which I was planning to dump due top changes in life) but not the Reserve yet. I would love to get it for the Reserve. Nothing yet though.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver
Has anyone got this yet?

I crossed the 90K spend and my statement closes next week. A quick good search takes me to AMEX website that states "You're automatically registered for this 2018 bonus". It seems to NOT be targeted and open to everyone. Any confirmation of posting?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FlyingDL4Fun
I crossed the 90K spend and my statement closes next week. A quick good search takes me to AMEX website that states "You're automatically registered for this 2018 bonus". It seems to NOT be targeted and open to everyone. Any confirmation of posting?
Link to the website page please?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:06 pm

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...nus-offer.html
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD

Don't forget trip insurance, too! Even my Amex Plat ($15k = 75k MR = $750 for paying w/ points, or better as award flights) can't offer that.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:10 am

Anyone??

Sorry to keep bringing this up, but with all the speculation, opinions, and 100+ posts, no one has actually hit this spend and commented on whether this is working and posting?

1. Who has hit the spend and NOT had them additional miles post?
2. Who has hit the spend and they DID post properly automatically?
3. Who has his the spend and had to call to inquire? and what was the response?

Last edited by FlyingDL4Fun; Jul 19, 2018 at 7:17 am
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
I will hit 90k this month (statement closes Aug 7) and will gladly report back on what transpires.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I went to that site and it said I was automatically enrolled.

I need another $12,500 to reach $90K in spending and sure don't want to put it on a skypeso card unless I get the 15K MQMs and called Am Ex and they were clueless and she opened up a case and will get back with me.

I never received anything from Am Ex about it and on my last statement it didn't have a progress statement stating I had xx in spend and need another XX in spend for my next boost like it did with the $30K and $60K spend.

Hopefully I'm eligible but I'm not going to risk it if I'm not.

t
gooselee likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:18 pm

Sorry to keep bringing this up, but with all the speculation, opinions, and 100+ posts, no one has actually hit this spend and commented on whether this is working and posting?

1. Who has hit the spend and NOT had them additional miles post?
2. Who has hit the spend and they DID post properly automatically?
3. Who has his the spend and had to call to inquire? and what was the response?
I am pretty sure this is a targeted offer, and not everyone can enroll in this. I have hit 140,000 spend on one of my reserve cards, and I only received the standard two bonuses, even though when I click on the link it says I am automatically enrolled. It says I am automatically enrolled even when I am not logged on.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Halloweverybody
I am pretty sure this is a targeted offer, and not everyone can enroll in this. I have hit 140,000 spend on one of my reserve cards, and I only received the standard two bonuses, even though when I click on the link it says I am automatically enrolled. It says I am automatically enrolled even when I am not logged on.
It's only someone who receives this offer directly from AmEx who is automatically enrolled, not someone who clicks on the link! Come on folks, it's plain common sense!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.