Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: Skymiles
Originally Posted by TheHorta

Pretty sure this is incorrect. Most here, including myself, report that those who have NOT received the email did NOT get the third boost, and that AX has been telling us (myself included) that only those targeted were eligible to receive either of the boosts.

I passed the $90K on my personal Reserve and $75K on my personal Platinum back in June and got... zip!

When I called I was told that I was not eligible, since I did not personally receive the offer. When I mentioned that I was on target to exceed $1MM in combined AX spend for 2018 the rep thanked me, told me how special I was, and that I could go pound sand because I wouldnt be getting another MQM from AX until 2019.

https://renespoints.boardingarea.com...us-offer-2018/
You may have seen this already. If not, it should be worth a call to AmEx
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Is there anyone that actually got the email from AMEX for either the Platinum or Reserve cards that they'd be willing to forward me? I can send my email address over PM.

Thanks!
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Is there anyone that actually got the email from AMEX for either the Platinum or Reserve cards that they'd be willing to forward me? I can send my email address over PM.

Thanks!
DM me your email if youd like the Platinum one forwarded to you.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bergamini

DM me your email if youd like the Platinum one forwarded to you.
Just sent you the PM, thanks! If anyone has an email for the Reserve bonus that would be great too!
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Just sent you the PM, thanks! If anyone has an email for the Reserve bonus that would be great too!
I'm not sure what good you all think these emails will do? If you weren't targeted by getting the relevant email last March, then you won't get the bonus. Period! Anyone who says differently is plainly lying! Period!
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:53 pm

To close the loop where I posted that I got the Amex Platinum triple bonus prior to it being earned at $75K, I did meet the threshold and like the Reserve poster who got his early, I did not get a quadruple bonus either. Not sure the criteria of why I got it but it was appreciated as it is nicer to start the year with roll-over. It posted in early November and I earned it just before Christmas. My statement closed on 12/26 and the miles from it posted so I know that I won't get any other Amex postings thus it just posted early. And IDK. I was not going to risk not earning it so I paid part of my property taxes with Plastiq to make sure I hit the spend. It was worth the $50 fee for peace of mind on the 10K MQM.

Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Paying $50 for 10,000 MQMs isn't a bad deal, especially compared to DL's current personalized prices.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Paying $50 for 10,000 MQMs isn't a bad deal, especially compared to DL's current personalized prices.
Would an economist call this a type of arbitrage?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by Chubbahill

Best I can offer is an update when the bonus posts (hopefully) to my acct. I can only base my belief that it will happen on the telephone conversation I had w the AmEx rep when I called.
We will wait to hear, but I got my bonus posted three days after my charge (that put me over 90K) posted and my statement won't close until the 5th.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum/2m miler, Marriott A and LTT, Delta Diamond, Hertz Presidents, Avis Presidents. +more
Amex Claims I am Not Registered for the Promotion

I was targeted for the 2222ctl6 promotion and have two e-mails to prove it. When I was speaking with Amex Chat support just now to see whether the pending charges are likely to post today (since if they do I will hit 75K in spending and qualify for the boost) the rep couldn't find any record on my account of my being registered even though both e-mails said I was automatically enrolled. I had to upload copies of the e-mails to prove it and they said that they would get back to me.
Although in the end I wouldn't have qualified for it, I also tried to call to see if I could have them register for the equivalent promotion for Reserve and they refused to add the promotion to my account. I saw people had posted they had been able to get this done. Maybe it would have worked for me if I had tried it earlier but no big deal since I wouldn't have made the spending clip anyway.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
There is a single, immutable fact when dealing with Amex or Delta:

The meek shall inherit... ZIP!

Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum/2m miler, Marriott A and LTT, Delta Diamond, Hertz Presidents, Avis Presidents. +more
I disagree re Delta although it did occur to me that with the new spending requirement for hitting Diamond, there may not be any point in my getting 125K MQM through rollover miles this year and promotions and flying next year.

Last edited by BMGRAHAM; Jan 7, 2019 at 6:08 am
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
OP here. Met my $90K spend on the last day of the year and then got nervous because I had not saved the original invitation email. Today, my account was credited with the third boost (no need to claim it, no option to gift it) with an effective date of 12/31/18. All's well that ends well . . . and this thread has probably run its course.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I got the email that I would get 10,000 MQM boost for spending $75000 on Delta Plat Amex. I have confirmed with Amex that I was eligible for the 10000 MQM and that I completed the $75000 spend in Mid Dec. ($76,200). I still haven't received the bonus MQM.
When I called AMEX, they said I would receive the MQM in 10-12 weeks. The email states " MQMs and bonus miles will be credited to your account 10–12 weeks after you reach the spend threshold." However, I have always gotten the MQM within a day of my miles showing up in the account. Is anyone else waiting for the MQM to post?
One issue, about $15,000 of the spend was via S*mon MS. I did receive the first 2 MQM bonuses without any delay.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by sharkey
I got the email that I would get 10,000 MQM boost for spending $75000 on Delta Plat Amex. I have confirmed with Amex that I was eligible for the 10000 MQM and that I completed the $75000 spend in Mid Dec. ($76,200). I still haven't received the bonus MQM.
When I called AMEX, they said I would receive the MQM in 10-12 weeks. The email states " MQMs and bonus miles will be credited to your account 1012 weeks after you reach the spend threshold." However, I have always gotten the MQM within a day of my miles showing up in the account. Is anyone else waiting for the MQM to post?
One issue, about $15,000 of the spend was via S*mon MS. I did receive the first 2 MQM bonuses without any delay.
I haven't received mine yet, please keep us posted and I will too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.